Sunny Liston - St Thomas

vesw01

HI Everyone

We have heard great things about Sunny and are pretty sure we are going to book through him. He emailed me last night to ask what time I would want to ask to be picked up - his choices are 9, 10 or 11am. It looks like we arrive in at 9am (Sept 24 Valor)

I have posted out on the ports of call - but no one really responds over there. Anyone do this tour recently - what did you think?

I believe that the Sunny Liston tour is very similar to the Godfrey tour. They pick you up at the times listed and drop you off in the shopping area, then at about 12 (if I remember correctly) everyone leaves for the rest of the tour.

So the earlier pick up time would give you the most time shopping, while the later time would give you the least. We had a time of 10 with Godfrey last year which, by the time they waited for some to get off the ship, etc., got us to the shopping area about 10:30. For us personally that was more than enough time, but if you're an avid shopper you might want to get there earlier.

John

We just did Sunny's tour last week and had a great time. We arrived in port at 7am so were able to do the 9am slot. We were dropped off for shopping, picked up about 11:45 if I rememebr for the sightseeing part of the tour, and then taken to Sapphire Beach until 1:45 - it seemed less crowed than the other more popular destinations.

I would recommed this tour, I feel we had plenty to see and do and never felt rushed. Plus Sunny and his wife were very friendly which helps when you're away from home :D

I wouldn't mind going at 9am but didn't think I would make it with the shipping getting in at 9am. We aren't big shoppers and I have no idea what they sell there - my DH would probably get bored. We could do the leisurely thing on the ship, but I wouldn't mind getting off the ship and start experiencing island life

I agree! we used Sunny for our tour (I think it was the 10:00). That gave us plenty of time to shop. Really liked Sapphire Beach-wish we had more time there! Sunny was awesome and made the tour LOTS of fun. VERY FRIENDLY...would highly recommend him!:)

........We aren't big shoppers and I have no idea what they sell there - my DH would probably get bored. We could do the leisurely thing on the ship, but I wouldn't mind getting off the ship and start experiencing island life
There is an area of open air vendors (straw market) along with jewerly and other misc. stores. There is a small park by the market where we met to do the rest of the tour. If your ship doesn't get in until 9 then I'd suggest the 10:00 time. That will probably give you more than enough time to shop......... I know we still had to kill about 20 minutes in the park. The vendors in the open air market really didn't come down in price at all, and we found much better prices in St. Martin.

John

My group just did Sonny's tour on April 4th.

He let us customize what, where, and how long we wanted. Sonny is prompt at getting back to you with any questions you have and will work hard to give you the best trip. If you can get several to go with you before your day there it is much nicer to be able to have the final say but if the bus is filled with other ship's pax he will stick to his standard day. Either way well worth what you pay no matter.

My wife and three kids (17,15,13) took the Sunny Liston tour in March. I cannot tell you how fantastic it was!!!!! My whole family said that his tour made the whole trip to St. Thomas the great experience that it was. He was so funny. We basically sang to loud reggae songs and rocked back and forth as he pumped the breaks. He sings the entire trip and beeps his musical horn at anyone and everyone. We felt like all of the people in the other tours were looking at us wishing they had taken our tour.

I wouldn't worry about exactly what time to book him to pick you up at your ship. Just pick the closest time that you think you would like and if you are early or late, don't worry he will be there. The first thing he does is just pick people up at the ship and drop them off at shopping. That is only about a 10 minute drive so he just goes back and forth.

Enjoy it. We did.

i booked with godfrey, who was great, and sunny followed us with his tour group. when we stopped they took turns telling us all about the island. both are really nice guys, def. worth the $$. we got picked up @ 10, if i booked the 3 hours of shopping my DS and DH would not of been too happy! :)

Archived