Suggestions on Grand Cayman

PineappleGal

I am booking through Carnival Cruise Line, and I have booked through them already on the Eastern Caribbean (Nassau, St.Thomas, St. Maarten) But now I am having trouble choosing the right excursion for Grand Cayman. Is there anyone out there that went on Carnival and has been to the port of Grand Cayman. If your out there, could you please give me your honest opinion and suggestions on tours. If you have been on another cruise line and know more about the tours and see if there are alike your imput is greatly appreciated. Hope to hear from lots of you.

Thanks

p.s

*My mother is not a big snorkel person, that more or less takes alot of excursions out of the picture*

We were on the Carnival Triumph 3/18 - 3/25.

I didn't book with Carnival. We did Nativeway Stingray & Island tour for just $45 per person. (My dad doesn't swim so snorkeling was out of the question.)

Stingray City - there were only 12 of us with our one guide. Even watching the video this weekend proved that we did the right thing! There were a LOT of people coming off the other boats (one was a double or triple decker). There's NO WAY they had 1 guide per 12 people!

Our guide caught a stingray for us, showed each of us how to feed it, gave us backrubs, let us hold it. We had very personal attention - actually, there were people from other groups coming over to us because they wanted some of what we had.

The guide even made sure that my father got as many up-close pictures of the stingray as he wanted.

You can't go wrong booking with them! They did make us nervous when we got back an hour later than planned, but we were still back to the dock for our tendering in plenty of time (we caught the second-to-last tender back). There were people arriving even later than we did!

Archived