Galaxy Oasis question

mons

Seems like a good question to me, I leave in Sept. for a cruise to the Med on Galaxy and I was wondering how easy it was to dine there versus the dining room.

This is my first cruise so flying by the seat of my pants here:p

Woo

There are some tables around the Ocean Pool, but not many. It was frustrating the nights they had special evening buffets out by the pool - great food, live music, but not enough tables. It's awkward to eat on a pool lounger, juggling a tray on your lap.

There are some tables at the back of the Resort deck, way aft. It's a delightful spot, and it was where we were most likely to find a table outdoors.

As for the Oasis Cafe itself, it was a typical buffet for breakfast or lunch. In the evenings, it turned into an alternative dining room, with table service. Reservations are recommended, but we were seated immediately without reservations. The evening menu was different than the main dining room menu, and the atmosphere was a little more casual. A separate tip is suggested. It was nice to have an option when our regular dinner time just didn't work for us.

we're just back from 4/1 Galaxy cruise. Fewer tables out back on the open deck behind the Oasis Pool (the aft-most pool, under the retractable dome) than we remember from Galaxy's near-twin sister Mercury. Somewhere between a dozen and twenty. Fewer tables in the Oasis Pool area as well -- there are raised areas on both sides. This was the first cruise where we had trouble a couple times finding places to sit by the buffet -- I actually almost got into a fight over a table -- a belligerent gentleman insisted on plopping himself and his tray down at the table I had just claimed, even though it was a table for three, and I had a party of three (my husband and 10-y-o son were steps away as I began to sit at this table), while there was a table for two nearby that had just cleared and would have been suitable for this guy and his wife (she tried to get him to move and he refused). Crazy. But I digress. My advice is -- if you are with at least one other person, send someone out to grab a table first, rather than proceeding directly to the buffet and THEN trying to find a table while you ALL are wielding loaded trays. Good luck ... TR

Yes, inside the Oasis Cafe does get quite packed during peak hours. I believe the area to which you refer are those towards the stern of the ship next to the Oasis Pool. There is some "indoor" seating (semi-outdoor with the roof retracted) in this area near the pool and then a little bit of "outdoor" seating outside the rear doors of the pool area.

oasisa_sm.jpg.b94034c56c69275fee8e51734ff3a5be.jpg

Thanks. In the past we have sailed RCC and there has always been places to sit outside the Windjammer for breakfast or lunch or just a mid day snack. I wanted to see if the Galaxy was comparable.

Archived