Dress from ebay - need opinions - honest ones.

Gingee

My DD is getting married next saturday & I was having touble finding a dress that did't look too old for me (I am 44). Her colors are pink & white. I found this dress made by Jordan's Caterina collection. This is the color I bought, it is called petal pink. The model is alittle too light for this color, but it looks good on me. By the way I am 5"5' and wear a size 3. I had to have some alterations but it fits great now,

http://www.jordanfashions.com/products.asp?nCatID=2&nProductID=387&nPhotoID=7895

Regarding the person above, that dress is beautiful. I would not want to order such a expensive dress without trying it on though.

Regarding the first dress, my seamstress was over tonight and we have axed the dress. I am going to see how to sell it on ebay. I have never sold on ebay so I don't know how it all works.

I did order the lavender high waisted dress. We may take the sleeves up and she thinks it may bring the dress up a bit. I didn't spent much. I got it for $8 shipped.

This is an elegant suit, but I think this knee length is wrong for someone who is petite. She will look shorter and like her legs are chopped off. I think petite either needs something at the knee or long. JMO

YES YES YES

It's all about proportion! I know I sound like a broken record (CD?), but that's exactly why my little Mom wore her cocktail suit right at knee length instead of tea length. Bonbon's beautiful suit is several inches below the knee.

Gingee, since you are also truly petite & not just short, might I suggest something very fitted to your body. Not something blousy or flowy from about your hips & up? Not clingy, but tailored to you. Of course the skirt can be straight or swishy, as long as it is the correct length for you.

Goodness, with all of these opinions, can't wait to see what you choose! :)

You all are so honest - can one of you coming shopping with me for my formal night dress. I have a great marilyn monroe halter - now I'm wondering if it's not dressy enough but man your opinions and comments are great!

Great advice. Not being anywhere near petite, I would not know how a tea length or calf length dress would work. I was 5'6" by the time I was 14 and was barely starting to have any interest in clothes.

My feet are really big too, a 10 wide, the small shoes and clothing always look so cute to me!

cana57, I'd love to go shopping with you, too bad I'm on the other side of the country!

Gingee, you are going to look so wonderful once we all get done with you:) ! I'm so glad you have nixed that first dress!

Gingee,

I tried the dress on at a bridal shop before I ordered it. I only paid 165.00 from a discount bridal shop online. I would not pay this much for a formal to wear on a cruise, but since it is for my DD's wedding I did splurge. I will also wear it on my next cruise in November. I did buy a black formal from ebay last year for 19.00 & it fit good.

My mother of the bride dress was Jade by Jasmine bridal. I picked out several that I liked, called bridal shops around me to see if they carried that style and then went to look at them and try them on. After deciding on a style, I then ordered the dress from the same shop where my daughter and my 2 other daughters got their wedding gowns.

Jade by Jasmine

When my first daughter was getting married, she wanted a pastel wedding. All the bridesmaid gowns were shown in jewel tones and my other two daughters looked fantastic in them. We looked at bridal pictures of pastel rainbow weddings and in the group picture it was hard to pick out the bride - just a mass of light colors. We convinced her to change to jewel toned rainbow - raspberry, sapphire, amethyst, teal - and it made her really pop! My other two learned from that experience and even though they only went with one color, they had their bridesmaids in dark or vibrant colors. It only made them stand out in their pure white dresses even more.

The same idea goes for the mother of the bride dress - you will have a lot of pictures taken with your daughter. With more color on your dress, you will make her dress stand out and you will not look like an extension of her.

Cana,

where are you in Jersey??

I'm there too!!!

I love an excuse to shop.

Send me an email.

In a few days Lord & Taylor has a friends and family event.

20% off coupon which includes things that are normally excluded...

PS- My daughter goes to F.I.T. for fashion design & I'm sure she could help too.

Send me an e-mail & I will show you a Vogue dress she made for herself for her senior prom.

This whole topic is just fun.

Bernadette

BratDet@aol.com

I have been checking racks t TJ Maxx & Marshalls also.,

got a little black dress that I am soo happy with for 29.99.

DH liked it too.

Archived