zenith to bermuda..will we enjoy it???

kevdmeyer

Hello,

My wife and I(both 38 years old) are considering the 9/23/06 cruise to Bermuda onboard the Zenith. We have cruised twice before,both times with Carnival onboard the Fantasy and the Legend. Many of the reviews I have read suggest that Celebrity may be a little stuffy in regards to dress codes and other areas and may be geared towards an older crowd. I guess what I am getting at is will a couple of our age have a good time? We are not "fancy" people by any means and are looking forward to a week alone(no kids this time). Please....someone ease my concerns. This sounds like a wonderfull itinerary on a wonderfull, smaller ship.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin & Shelly

Hummelstown Pa. (next to Chocolatetown,USA)

By asking questions is wise. Celebrity is known as about the dressiest of the mainstream lines. NOt at all stuffy. OUt of 18 cruises, only 5 were on Celebrity which has become my line of choice. Best food and most profesional and refined service of all. Celebrity cruisers know how to dress appropiately for the occaision and generally appreciate a refined vacation. Also Zenith, in my opinion is the very best size.

We sailed on the Horizon, the Zenith's sister ship, to Bermuda Twice. Once out of New York and once out of Philly. Loved both trips. My teenage daughters were with us both times and they also think it was a great Cruise, they have been on six.

Horseshoe Beach is wonderful, pink sand and large enough for whoever shows up. You can wander down the beach and find private little coves. Pink Sand!

One of my favorite Beaches.

Make sure you go to the Naval Dock yards. Great little Bar/Restaurant there- the Frog and Onion. As well as craft areas, etc.

I am confident you will have a great time. I would not mind making a third trip there in the near future.

Dennis

We cruised on the Zenith to Bermuda in September. We found the pax to be late 40's and over. The sevie is great, as is the food. You are expected to dress accordingly for the dinning room. Bermuda is more beautiful than the carribean. :p

Kevin,

Hi Neighbor. I lived just right down the road in Palmyra and work in the park. Maybe I've seen you there. I did Zenith last year to Bermuda and loved it! We are doing the repo this year on Zenith to Tampa in Oct. Alot of us from this area are going. I've been on the different size ships Celebrity has to offer and even though Zenith is small the crew is the best on the ocean. You will want to go to the Martini bar and if Anna is there she is great! Have a great trip.

Pam

Kevin,

I was a little concerned when we took our first celebrity cruise about the ages also. What I found is there has always been a nice mix. I think the average age is probably a little higher than say Carnival but you wont feel like you are in a nursing home. I think you will have a great time. I am 44 and my husband is going to be celebrating his 60th birthday on this cruise. Attitude is everything, it will be what you make of it.

Pam-are you still out there? If so, if you know Steve Keller at Hersheypark, tell him his ex sister in law Suzanne says HI !!

Suzanne

I have considered this cruise also. I have been so spoiled with verandas.:rolleyes: My question...do you think I will enjoy the Zentih without a balcony?

Yes, because you will spending most of your time off the ship, unlike a typical island to island.. or port to port itinerary.

It's the best ship with the best itinerary to Bermuda. RCL Explorer only does 5 days and you are at Kings Wharf. Empress of the Seas.......they should retire that ship. Then there's NCL. need I say more?? LOL

I think you both will have a wonderful time.

I was on the Zenith in 2003 when I was 36 and I had a great time. I liked the smaller ship, the people treated us so well, and Bermuda is beautiful. There were all ages represented.

My husband and I are going again this June with my parents. Can't wait!

I have my heart set on a Bermuda cruise on the Zenith next April or May (in between Christmas and DD's wedding). Does anyone have a clue when Celebrity will be putting out their 2007 itinerary?

I hear it's a fabulous ship, and Bermuda is one of those places that everyone should visit at least once!

Yes, you will LOVE Bermuda, and you will be very happy you did it on Zenith. Here is our complete (and VERY detailed) review from last October... http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/bermuda.html It includes details about the ship as well as hints and tips about transportation, beaches, excursions, forts, and how to find all the sea glass you could possibly carry.

I am also waiting for the Bermuda 2007 itineraries out of Cape Liberty, NJ for my wedding.

Norwegian have already come out with theirs and unfortunately for me the earliest is in June. I'm looking for late April or May. I hope Celebrity comes out with theirs soon. I've heard of good things about Zenith. I'm scared of waiting too long so Celebrity, hurry up!

I would not worry about your cruise on the Zenith. I have also been on Carnival Cruise lines in the past. My husband and I just got back from a cruise on the Zenith. We had the best experience ever. I promise you once you go on this cruise you will never go on Carnival again. Don't worry about the dress code. I had told our waiter we would not be going to the formal night dinner because my husband is not a suit and tie kind of guy. He told us not to worry we could dress the same way we dressed every night. Also there were many couples your age on the cruise. You are going to have a wonderful time!!!:)

:)I am cruising the Zenith to Bermuda on June 24, 2006 with my family and another family. I haven't cruised Celebrity before, and I really appreciate all the info I have read.

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice or info about the ship and Bermuda and the wheelchair accessibility? I have MS and walk with a cane for short distance and need a wheelchair for more than 25 steps or distance. Any help or info on how I can enjoy my trip better? I will have my husband and children to assist me, but I am worried that I may be a burden to them while on the island.:mad:

Archived