The Lowdown on Century Refurb

LSM1018

Does anyone have info other than what's on Celebrity's web site or in the Celebrity News on Century's refurbishment? I know about the new verandas, sky suites, the expanded spa, and the new specialty restaurant (need more info here!).

My TA told me that in the new Martini Bar, the bar will be made of ice. Anyone else heard that? I may need to take a coat in order to have a martini!! :eek: That means another suitcase. Bummer.

I would love to hear what everyone else has heard.

Does anyone have info other than what's on Celebrity's web site or in the Celebrity News on Century's refurbishment? I know about the new verandas, sky suites, the expanded spa, and the new specialty restaurant (need more info here!).

My TA told me that in the new Martini Bar, the bar will be made of ice. Anyone else heard that? I may need to take a coat in order to have a martini!! :eek: That means another suitcase. Bummer.

I would love to hear what everyone else has heard.

Hi Lisa !

I was on Century about a month ago. Here are some other things I know of...

-- You are right about the Verandas (314 to be added), Sky Suites, and Expanded Spa area.

-- All cabins will have a flat screen TV. I know there will be new carpet, and I am pretty sure there will be new bedding / linens as well.

-- The bathrooms in the Cabins are being re-done as well.

-- There will be a specialty restaurant in the area of the Guest Relations desk. When I asked if it would be "identical" to what is on the Millennium Class ships or another theme, I was told it was not decided yet.

-- I heard nothing of the Martini Bar being made of ice. Perhaps it will "look" like ice ? I did hear something about a waterfall though. I wished they could have incorporated this idea, while upgrading the video screens, and leaving a sports bar presence, but I heard the sports bar will be gone.

-- I heard the Dining Room (Grand Restaurant) will be updated some, but nothing major.

-- The Buffet area may be updated some as well.

Celebrity is spending well over $ 60 million dollars on the upgrades. We were very happy with Century before this upgrade, and we are sure she will be even better when she is done. We look forward to sailing on her again in 2007.

I am sure some of our other friends on here, may have some additional information.

On the April 2 Century trip, the CD mentioned that the martini bar was going to be done with an "ice" concept.

Apparently, the walls will be glass, with freezing and thawing water running over them/through them. He indicated this was some new technology- so it was hard for us to picture what he was describing as I'm not sure he knew 100% what it will actually look like.

However, the temperature of the air shouldn't be significantly different than other interior parts of the ship.

Anyone else who can explain it better???

Does anyone have news on the new Sunset Veranda's? On the Celeb web site they show them as larger cabins than cc which seems a bit strange.

That's what I want to know too! I'm looking at reserving one of these. When are the renovations going to be complete? I just stumbled upon an itinerary I am really excited about and have NO clue about the Century. Help!

Century will emerge on June 2, 2006, from a five-week drydock period at Fincantieri with 314 new verandas, 14 new suites, 10 new staterooms ranging from inside to veranda category, an expanded number of ConciergeClass category staterooms, a new specialty restaurant, and a series of features and amenities that typify the line's acclaimed Millennium-class fleet. The contract with Fincantieri involves Century's major structural modifications, new verandas and associated stateroom interiors, new staterooms on deck 12, and regular drydock work. Other interior outfitting contractors also will handle portions of the work.

the whole deal:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=798557&highlight=

A June 2nd date would be VERY problematic as her first sailing after drydock is a 9 night sailing on May 30, 2006!

I use Firefox for my browser.. let me know if it does not load.. The date is May 30th...

Another press release:

http://www.cruiseconnection.be/library/86/files/celebrity_cruises_leaps_towards_a_new_century-20060223-1738.pdf

Archived