Departure route for QM2 from Redhook

CV990

Will the QM2 leave Redhook north around Governors Island so folks can get a good view of Lower Manhattan, the Statue and Ellis, or will she depart south straight for the bridge?

TIA

CV990

What is the procedure after passing under the bridge? Which way is the turn made? To port or to starboard? I assumed that the QM2 would turn in the channel (I thought there was enough room even for her) and tie up (having realised she wouldn't pass around the island) but now I read "backs into the pier" What an arrival in New York! Anyone help me, I'm crossing later this year and would love to know before it happens.

Thanks,

Pepper.

It was very foggy and it was very early. The pier is on Buttermilk channel and I don't think in that channel its enough to turn around. You do get a good view of the Statute of Liberty on the Starboard side of the ship leaving at least. It is probably turning around near the Statute which is a little west and south of Governors Island.

Archived