Special touch and thoughtfulness remembered

luvthis

I was watching Bob last night as our girls performed in their group "Night Wing" at a local club in town. I stopped and remembered how much pride I felt for the 20+ years he was in local groups and I would go and watch. He was sharp and energetic and quick and oh so talented. Now, he (and I) are so much older, not that 56 & 53 is old. We are fatter, slower moving, less energetic and darn...our hair is turning grey...and or memories suffer "senior moments". Even though Bob struggles more with things as a result of his illness, I still see and remember the nearly 36 years of marriage and experiences we've shared. Had I know he was going to become disabled with recurring problems back then, I'd have still married him. He can't do as much as earlier in our married life, but he still is a loving, dedicated husband & father. If someone needs his help, he's always there to provide it or to try to make things easier for that person. I have truly been blessed to have him as my husband and best friend all these years.

Monday we board the Mercury to experience Alaska together. We may not be much to look at and we may not be able to keep up with the younger cruising crowd any longer, but we are together and we still care about each other. I don't know if or when we'll take another cruise, but we are excited about sharing life together and being able to build memories together on this trip. Memories are forever. If one or the other of us passes away, those memories will help to comfort the other and remind them of the blessings we shared.

Ohh...now it's 1:45 p.m. on Saturday & I still haven't started packing. Not good...I'd better get moving my chubby bottom and get out the suitcases, huh?

--Jean & Bob

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy your butler, wrapping in blankets on the balcony, and making memories to last a life time. Our turn in August. Remember to pack the camera!!!!

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy your butler, wrapping in blankets on the balcony, and making memories to last a life time. Our turn in August. Remember to pack the camera!!!!

We have many pictures from vacations over the years. I hate having my picture taken, not only on vacations but at family get-togethers too. It comes from being 110 lbs when I married Bob to being _ _ _ lbs. now. Thru the years I've dieted up and down, finally just accepting that who I am is inside me and not how much I weigh. Anyway...many friends have said, "Take lots of pictures and make sure you & Bob are in some of them". I chuckle. We're the first to offer to take pictures of others when they look like they'd like someone to do so for them, very sheepish to ask others to take our pictures. I guess we'll see who we meet on this voyage and go from there. I usually get quite a few of Bob, cause that way I can hide on the other side of the camera. Ha!

See you all on the Mercury next week. Oh...my...golly...now it's 5:10 p.m. and I still haven't dug out our suitcases! Tic toc tic toc...can't wait to go, but dread the packing.

--Jean & Bob

Oh that's right the butler - I got so caught up in the wonderful messages in this thread I forgot the question. :D

I haven't had a butler yet, but I read on another thread about having them setup breakfast on the veranda! That sounds heavenly to me.

See you all on the Mercury next week. Oh...my...golly...now it's 5:10 p.m. and I still haven't dug out our suitcases! Tic toc tic toc...can't wait to go, but dread the packing.

--Jean & Bob

Wait, another possible butler use - didn't I read somewhere that they will pack and unpack for you on the ship?

Wait, another possible butler use - didn't I read somewhere that they will pack and unpack for you on the ship?

I won't mind the unpacking when we get in our cabin, but maybe I'll ask him to sit on our suitcases when we try to close them to get home at the end of the cruise. Ha! Thanks for the chuckle.

--Jean

I won't mind the unpacking when we get in our cabin, but maybe I'll ask him to sit on our suitcases when we try to close them to get home at the end of the cruise. Ha! Thanks for the chuckle.

--Jean

Oh PLEASE take and post a picture of this if you do have him sit on the suitcase. :D

It's your money and you don't have to justify how you spend it! My father has long since warned my brother and myself that he plans to spend the money before he goes, and I don't blame him. It's his money, he worked for it, and he should get to enjoy it. If there's enough to settle the estate and pay his final expenses, that's plenty.

I was raised to save my pennies for a rainy day (my dear old Dad no less), but when I got enough pennies to meet my basic expenses, I started saving for special treats, like crusing in a Sky Sutie. I'm sure there are lots of things one can have a butler do, but my favorte is brekfast on the balcony. (In theory they will unpack and pack for you, but I've never asked to have this done. Not terribly interested in having someone else packing the unmentionables! :eek: ) I prefer a Sky Suite on the Sky Deck, so you get the huge balcony with room for everything. Room Service breakfast in the Sky Suite means waking to a phone call from your lovely butler -- "Good morning Madame, your breakfast is ready" -- and then sitting down to a white linen covered table on the privacy of your own balcony to indugle in breakfast. Did I mention that mine almost always seems to have a Belgian waffle? (That the butler waited in line for, not me!)

I've never had dinner served en suite, having found I look forward to the additional companionship of our tablemates at dinner, but lunch items from the dining room menu can be delivered by Butler. You can also get extra glassware / stemware and snacks for a little pre-dinner get together. Oh, and cappucino is free when delivered by Butler.

Archived