Air France

josiem

My wife and I had a delightful cruise last fall on the Celebrity Millennium. Our experience with Air France was altogether a different matter. We are unable to get any satisfaction or a straight answer from the Air France Customer Relations to resolve our problem. Any suggestions?

Andyond@cs.com

Air France is horrendous in every aspect of customer service. I am forced to use them fairly often to Europe as they are a Delta partner but, of six transatlantics roundtrips to date, they have never provided a good experience, an ontime flight or compensated us as promised for luggage they totally destroyed.

Best of luck but they are the PITS!!

I have nothing good to say about Air France. We used them on our last Transatlantic cruise. Never again. There attitude stinks:eek: Even though I'm Canadian and speak French they sre just awful, awful!

I was prepared for a horrible experience on the way home from Barcelona last month based on all I had learned on the boards. We had a horrible time at CDG on the way over (but flew Continental and had to change terminals -- a real mess there). Needless to say, since we are almost phobic about anything French, we were really fearful coming home...through CDG and on Air France. We had a marvelous flight with excellent service and food AND our luggage arrived without a problem. I'm convinced they are so variable in their service that it's clearly the luck of the draw. I'm so glad we didn't get the short straw!!

Just out of curiosity.......

How does a post commenting on poor service from Air France turn into a flame against the French people?

I thought you were talking about an airline, not about a country and the people who populate it.

Yes, Air France is probably not the greatest airline. No worse than any of the U.S. airlines, though -- which by the way nearly all of which are in Chapter 11 -- but nobody seems to comment on or care about that.

Have any of you Americans ever stopped to think about what other Western countries think about you (rightly or wrongly)? And I'm not talking about politics, the war in Iraq, etc. I'm talking about the way American tourists behave in other countries and, therefore, how they are perceived by others.

We are all members of planet Earth and there are good and bad people in every country on this planet.

So getting back to the way I started this post, just wondering how a comment about an airline has led to disparaging remarks about an entire country and its people.

Happy Cruising. Looking forward to meeting you on the Constellation next week.

Gunther and Uta

I had no intention of flaming the French people, sorry if my off the cuff comment sounded that way. I make it a point to never flame on the boards and if I had read my own message before I posted, I would have deleted that comment.

I must admit, however, that I felt a bit 'flamed' myself by your comment:

"Have any of you Americans ever stopped to think about what other Western countries think about you (rightly or wrongly)? And I'm not talking about politics, the war in Iraq, etc. I'm talking about the way American tourists behave in other countries and, therefore, how they are perceived by others"

So, perhaps, we should both apologize and go back to providing information.

Just out of curiosity...

When did responses to a post commenting on poor service from Air France turn into a flame about what "other Western countries" think about Americans, the way we behave in other countries, how we are perceived by others and the solvency of our airline industry?

My wife and I had a delightful cruise last fall on the Celebrity Millennium. Our experience with Air France was altogether a different matter. We are unable to get any satisfaction or a straight answer from the Air France Customer Relations to resolve our problem. Any suggestions?

Andyond@cs.com

Josiem,

Sorry to hear you had a problem with AF. Can you give us some info on what the problem is?

We have had good experiences with AF in the past---however, as we are longtime American Airlines elites, we don't travel often with AF or other carriers.

Since your question is regarding air travel, you might also want to post your question on the frequent flyer forum---flyertalk. Here is the Air France forum over there: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=376

Archived