Back to Back

dancer 2

I'm booked on a back to back on the Crown leaving from San Juan 1-6-07 - can anyone tell me of their experience during the day where other ship passagers disembark, what do you do and how do they handle you for lunch, stateroom cleaning etc.???

This will be my 7th & 8th cruise, most with princess but never a back to back.

We did a back BTB in 2003 on the southern carib. When the other pax disembarked unfortunately we had to change rooms because we booked the 2nd week only 3 weeks before the cruise. They came and helped us move all our stuff to our other room with no Problem. They will know that you are doing a BTB and clean your room just like every other day.

We went and visited Old San Juan after getting another cruise card for the 2nd week. (not sure if you will have to though,they will let you know). We came back and had lunch in the Horizon Court and laid at the pool the rest of the afternoon. We also were able to do our laundry without having to wait since there were not many more on board. HAVE A GREAT CRUISE..

• 3 weeks later...

Using my local ta, I'm more comfortable doing this because I have someone to call for room changes, upgrades, added guests and any of the other issues that arise. I've never had an issue doing this, but this is my first back to back. Looking forward to the CROWN Princess in January.

Rinshin: We have two B2B cruises booked....one for 9-06 and another for 12-06. We used an online agency for our first Princess cruise, however we called them since we had questions and have used one of their TA's ever since. I check their pricing online then call or email the agent and they handle everything. How easy is that:)? The 9-06 will be our first B2B and we are really looking forward to the turn around day.......the feeling of still being on board when most others have to leave for home will be awesome! Lucky for us we have the same cabin for both cruises.

I'm booked on a back to back on the Crown leaving from San Juan 1-6-07 - can anyone tell me of their experience during the day where other ship passagers disembark, what do you do and how do they handle you for lunch, stateroom cleaning etc.???

Hey! We're on the same B2B on the crown as you! :D

Check out the roll calls and maybe we can say hello during our two weeks!

Don

Have been on several b 2 b and each time they have delivered a letter a couple of days before the end of the 1st cruise. It will tell you what you need to do to obtain a new cruise key card for the second cruise, what to do if you choose to go ashore that day, and if the dining room will be open for lunch.

The cleaning of the stateroom is handled just like it is every other day.

No organized activities but the pools and library are open. The internet cafe is usually not available until after they switch passenger information over to the new cruise. If you are doing your own laundry this is a perfect day to do it.

A very nice day to enjoy "your ship" for several hours!!!!:D

Ask the cruise staff. Turnover day is often their half day off and they know what to do in whichever town you are in.

We did a B2B years ago in Alaska, which gave us a day in Seward... which was a very sleepy port then.

The CD tipped us to a Chinese restaurant in Seward. Of course we did have to share the restaurant with the cruise staff and the victorious HAL crew soccer team (they had a standing match with the local HS team on turn-over day).

Kung Pao Halibut - fresh caught that morning. Still remembered fondly as one of the best meals ever...

-----Burton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Hello - for those who are booking b2b cruises are you using online agencies or local TA? Not sure how one would make reservation online for b2b?

Crown is a near unique arrangement. You can book her as either a two week cruise or book either of the individual weeks. It works out well as a two week booking because Crown has a nearly different itinerary on alternate weeks. The only repeat port is St Thomas.

I booked her while on board GP as a two week cruise; however, the Princess FCC rep, and subsequently a cruise consultant on the phone, assured me that I'll receive credit for two cruises. Sweet!

Archived