Port canaveral - how to get to Disney

heyall

What is the best and most economic way for a family of 4 to get to Disney from Port Canaveral. We'll be there from 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. - it's one of our cruise stops. Did anyone rent a car there for this purpose? Cruise excursion are very pricey.

Hi Heyall

Be forwarned WDW is a good 1hr to 1hr1/2 ride each way depending on traffic. I believe one day tickets are in the $65 range now. buy my calculations 1/2hr to rent car plus drive time to and from you would have around 6hrs in the park total. You would have to leave the park and be driving buy 5:30pm to have a chance against Orlando traffic to get back to the ship. I'm not tyring to bring you down but be realistic. i live with the mouse year round.

Seeuuu

Jeff Ps maybe try kennedy space center a lot closer and cheaper

I am leaving from Orlando and going to FLL. We are renting a car in FLL for $29 unlimited milage and taking it to the airport and then they will shuttle us to the ship. Pretty good deal.

Have a fun time.

I am renting a car with Thrifty in PC, they charge about $40 for a standard size car and they have a shuttle that picks you up from the ship. KennedySC sounds nice but we are not interested in seeing that so we chose Universal. I realize the drive is over an hour but our plan is to be off the ship as early as possible and leave the parks at 5:30. It may be hectic, but doable if it is something you are really looking forward to.:D

Oh, and we are gonna see both parks at Universal for the price of one park at Disney.:D

Archived