Any interest in a "Louisiana Reunion of past and future cruisers"?

LSUtraveler

I copied this over from the 'Fix' board. Along with the comments received so far. I'm not used to this new format so forgive if I duplicate anything.

DoniaG of Lafayette gave me the idea of perhaps having a once a year meeting of Louisiana past and future cruisers.

Any interest? If so post your comments, thoughts and suggestions.

Up to yau'll. Look out here comes a smiley face........

1522725295_CajunPartyBargecopy.jpg.8389e789269eecfde87aafb4aa1c0734.jpg

I'll try and keep it going for a month or so and keep it near the top and then see what everybody wants to do.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a reunion on a cruise. It could be a get together on land first. Up to everyone.

I've transfered the names of those that have indicated interest:

DoniaG, I'm definitely in! Thanks for a great idea! Donia Lafayette, LA

westerdam42

My hubby and I are interested. He was born in Shreveport and raised in Lafayette, LA.

selucrey

Have a couple here that would be interested.

Let's see what we can stir up! Houma, LA

yuyi64

I'm game! We usually take a cruise out of New Orleans at least once a year so one with our fellow LA cruisers sounds like fun. As long as it's not during November or December (my job's vacation blackout period), we're pretty open the rest of the year. Who's bringing the Tony Cachere's? New Orleans, LA.

SharynLynn

I think that would be a nice idea. My last cruise was for Mardi Gras out of New Orleans. Metairie, LA

Anyone else wanting to take the lead in this be my guest.

1810825274_tigereye1-31-04.jpg.cc9e8168a89c269cd0859b2b5572b597.jpg

Leave It To A Certified Coon Azz To Think Of Something To Just Throw A Party.

Let Us Know When, Where And How Much Beer To Bring.

Dan Has The Crawfish Covered . Go Dan!

I Have A Group Of 20 Or More That Would More Than Likely Participate.

Hey LSU; Will try to help out here. We have a group that cruises in October but are looking at a holiday or summer cruise.Open to suggestions on that. A land get-together would be great! Anytime anyplace is good for us.:D

HEY DASA!

Hey DASA, it's ingrained in our bones. Someone's always looking to find an excuse to get together. What can I say you know how it is.

selucrey, this came about while talking with DoniaG on the Fix it board. Seemed like a good idea but have never done it before. Thought it might be interesting to see if we could get as many Cajuns (AKA coon asses for those who don't resent the moniker) maybe once a year all together.

Never can tell what might come out of a get together. Truth is I don't have access to most of the cruisers from the Acadiana area and anywere else nor how to contact them other than thru this board. But a get together would be fun.

I've seen both you and DASA posting a lot on this board so perhaps you two could take the lead in this. I would be glad to help but you two seem to have it together.

We generally cruise in the Jan and Feb months since it's nicer for us and generally go the same place. For us it's not so important the ports since we like to just enjoy the company. And we have found that we find different things to do no matter how many times we've been on the same route.

Anyway I know that there used to be a Zydeco cruise a few years ago that was well attended. We took a cruise the week after that cruise and all the crew could talk about was how crazy they were and wished they would all be like that.

When I was doing a lot of flying we island hopped from the Bahamas down the island chain all the way to SA and beyond so the Western Caribbean is as good as the Eastern or Southern route for us.

Let me know what yau'll tink!:D Stir it up!

Another Cruise !!!!!!!!!!!!

Wife Wants To Sit Out A Year And Visit Our Landlocked Friends.

But Hey She Went To Paris Without Me So I'll Try To See If I Can Squeeze A Cruise In .

Dan There Was At Least 18 Or More Replys From La. Cruisers Sign In Thread You Started.

Not Quiet Sure When You Guys Would Like To Go But The Sensation Will Have A Pretty Cheap Cruise In Late Nov. Early Dec. Of This Year And Next For Only $299.00 Out Of Nola.

5 Day Cruise Going To Cancun And Cozumel. What You Guys Think ? This Could Be A Pretty Good Cruise Filled With Coon Asses Going To 2 Of The Most Partying Ports.

Don't Have To Fly,could Use The Day Before For A Big Party. Think We Can Get A Pretty Good Size Group If We Plan It For 2005.

Hows This For A Title " Coons To Cancun Cruise "

Selurcey,

Went to the old board and found the last post for Louisiana Cruisers Sign in on page 5, June 18th. Seems that topic was not transfered to the new board for some reason.

Checked the new board Search feature for Louisiana Cruisers Sign in but what comes up is irrevelant to Louisiana Cruisers Sign in. Did a manual check all the way back to April 28 for any transfer of Louisiana Cruisers Sign in on the new board and nothing was transfered.

Sent an inquiry to Cruise Critic asking how to transfer the topic and threads and waiting for reply. Saw that other inquires about other states and citys asking about crusing was transfered but not Louisiana. Wonder what's up with Cruise Critic. :confused: Unless I missed the topic somewhere?

Been doing some research and have found 41 from La. so far.:D Will sort and post later...

DASA; The Sensation would probably be a good cruise.Will check on that. We are going with the Saints and Sinners C/C group cruise this October,the first sailing for the Sensation out of NOLA.Should be a blast!;)

hey there,

I live in Destrehan which is right outside of the airport...a hop skip and a jump from you :) I am a transplant tho....originally from Acadiana and it's parts (Carencro, Church Point, Sunset) Have long have you lived in Houma?

Talk to you soon, I'm trying to reset all of my "preferences" on this new board but it's giving me a headache :eek: I will have to see if I can get my post's back from the old boards...I was over 1600 and poof now there gone :( I hope the search works better than it did before!

Kajunswty; I've lived in Houma for 35 years and love it. Have relatives in Carencro.My #2 sister graduated from Carencro High and my mother lived in Lafayette/Broussard for many years.I know how you feel about the posts.Had close to 1,200 and now feel like a new guy.:(

hi again,

lets see, my SIL works in houma @ Caro (food distributors) and I went to CHS my Freshman and Sophomore years....looks like we have some in common. We'll have to have a drink when we get together and chat :cool:

anyone else 'round wanna join the partae??

Been awhile since on the boards....just checking in....still trying to plan a mother daughter cruise here....seems like some much is going on this summer it is hard to do...so keep me informed would love to do a cruise with all my fellow La. cruisers...

Sarabeth

by the way....from the little town of Homer...LOL..NE of Shreveport....so I am always looking for a chance to get away...

SARABETH YOUR ALMOST A NORTHERNER.LOL

DAN LSU TRAVERLER; I'M GOING MY 3rd TOUR OF THE CONQUEST TODAY WITH A GROUP I'M BRINGING THROUGH MY TA TO GET PEOPLE INTERESTED IN CRUISING.

WHILE I'M THERE I'LL DISCUSS WITH HER ABOUT MAYBE SPONSORING US AND SEEING WHAT KIND OF A DEAL SHE MIGHT BE ABLE TO WORK OUT WITH CARNIVAL IF WE CAN COME UP WITH A PRETTY GOOD SIZE GROUP.

LETS TRY TO KEEP THIS THREAD UP AT THE TOP TO MAKE SURE WE CAN GET A GOOD RESPONSE.

IF WE CAN'T GET CRUISE GROUP TOGETHER MAYBE LIKE THE ABOVE POST SAID WE COULD DO A RIVER DINNER CRUISE ON ONE OF THE PADDLE-WHEELERS. THERES USUALLY SOME REAL GOOD ENTERTAINMENT ONBOARD AND I THINK THE COST IS USUALLY UNDER $100 A COUPLE WITH DINNER AND SOME DRINKS.

WILL CHECK INTO THAT TOO TODAY.

LIFE IS SHORT/TAKE A LONG CRUISE.

DASA; Wish I was going with you but it might be best if I didn't, I wouldn't want to get off the ship!:D

DASASARABETH YOUR ALMOST A NORTHERNER.LOL

Northerner :North of I-10

Southerner:South of I-10

Sarabeth;Welcome!

Kajunswty; Check this link..... THIS is Selucrey.;)

www.selucrey.com

Well Just Got Off Our Tour Of The Conquest And Have Got To Say She's Beautiful.

Have Always Heard About The Aft Wrap-a-round Cabins Being So Great. Well They Are. Room Sames To Be A Little Bigger But The Big Sell For Me Was The Balcony And The View You Get From It. Have To Book This Cabin At Least Once. Would Be Great For A Nice Party With A Few Friends.

Don't Know If It's The Same Cruise You Guys Are Going On ( Is It The First Cruise For The Sensation Out Of Nola ? ) But Ta Said That She Has 700 , Thats Right 700 People Booked For That Week. Mostly People From The Great State Of La. .so Ya'll Should Feel Like Your At Home For This One.

Looks Like The Sensation Will Be Going On Drydock When Ya'll Come Back . Lol.

If You Guys Have Never Been On A Ship Tour , You Have To Go And Bring Some Friends Who Have Never Sailed Before. They Take You Through The Whole Ship And Show You All The Public Places And A Tour Of At Leasteach Type Cabin. The Tour Sells Itself To The First Timers.

Hey y'all! Another Louisiana native here. Born & raised in NOLA, moved across the lake in 1986 to the "country" haha. I'd like to take a cruise with fellow La. natives, and CC board members, sounds like fun, I'll be watching for more details.

DASA, how do you get to atke a tour of the cruise ship? I thought they only let passengers on too?

The countdown clock isn't working, I have no idea how to fix that, but I'm going cruising on the Holiday on July 17th! Less than 3 weeks to go, I'm so excited!

Archived