Wedding/Honeymoon-Norwegian Sun Suites & Balconies?

t-n-t

My fiance and I are planning to be married next spring in the chapel onboard the Norwegian Sun. We plan to have a few guests for our small ceremony and reception, then sail from New Orleans thru the Panama Canal to California. Itinerary includes Mexican Riviera, Costa Rica, Aruba, and Curacao. My only experience with NCL has been sailing Western Caribbean onboard Norwegian Dream 2-1/2 years ago. Fiance has never cruised before. We would like to book a suite and are wondering about differences in Romance Suite, Penthouse Suite, and Mini Suite. Also we would like to be comfortable and have privacy on our balcony and are wondering which balconies can be easily viewed from above, and which are most spacious and comfortable. We would appreciate comments and suggestions regarding experiences with the Norwegian Sun, a similar itinerary, or onboard weddings. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi T-N-T! My husband and I are heading out on the SUN on Saturday for Alaska for our honeymoon. We were upgraded to a romance suite on Tuesday! We are so excited!! I promise pics and a review once we return. Congrats on your wedding as well!! :)

Melissa :o

Hi T-N-T! My husband and I are heading out on the SUN on Saturday for Alaska for our honeymoon. We were upgraded to a romance suite on Tuesday! We are so excited!! I promise pics and a review once we return. Congrats on your wedding as well!! :)

Melissa :o

The forward facing suites have the largest balconies with more privacy than the aft facing suites. But the aft facing suites have much less wind, especially when the ship in underway. Minisuites facing either port or starboard are also very private, and can be windy depending upon which direction the wind is from.

I believe a Penthouse suite should be as large as the two of you will need. Minisuites and Owner's suites are sized for families, more than two.

You can see some links to photos I took on my Sun cruise last December in my signature.......

:D :D Don't pick the Owner's Suite if you're looking for balcony privacy! We were surprised to look up and see that pax on the observation deck above could practically stick their toes in our hot tub!! :p

• 1 month later...

It was wonderful! Private balcony (as long as you weren't right at the edge) tucked in the corner of the ship. The room was HUGE, very nicely appointed. We were given EVERY perk imaginable (the 3 bottles of alcohol, the wine, the treats, I could go on forever!) were great. The heart shaped whirlpool was wonderful too ;) The concierge and butlers will do anything for you. Highly recommend!! :)

Archived