Sports at Sea program on the Spirit

Susan85207

Does anyone know what the "Sports at Sea program" is on the Spirit? It is mentioned on various websites, but no details. We are sailing on 5/7 and my daughter is very into sports. Have you done it? Is it extra cost? Is it fun? Are there age limits?

Thanks as always!

Susan

Thought I would try again on this question....funny you get fast replies when you ask a bar question (HA!), sports aren't as popular on a cruise.

Got my bar setup in place with your help. Any info on the sports at sea?

Any comments are always welcomed!

Thanks,

Susan

I believe the "Sports at Sea" program is offered on all NCL ships. Basically you sign up and each event (class, pingpong, walking, jogging, arobics, spinning) that you attend you earn a point. When you get enough points you get a logo item (T-shirt, etc.). Some of the classes do have a charge, but others...like the morning walking are free of charge.

I found this when looking at CC under the "SPIRIT".

This ship has plenty to keep the avid exercise junkie busy, including a terrific Sports at Sea program (which offers logo items to those who complete their programs).

I was on the Spirit a few weeks ago and didn't know anything about this until the Freestyle Daily on Saturday, the last full day of the 7 day cruise. In the listings it said that from 5 to 6pm in the Grand Centrum there was a "Sports Afloat Redemption", and to bring 16 credits. Still had no idea what this meant until the previous post. As for me I would rather relax on a cruise rather than work up a sweat by exercising. I guess thats why I diidn't know about this program.

Archived