Noise in Cabins on Pacific Sun

howsthis

If someone in the cabin next door jumped off the top bunk, or a part of their body hit the wall sure you could hear it, but no more than some of the motel rooms I've been in.

Please make sure also if you have little ones they don't walk along the corridors knocking on all the doors, for that matter make sure teenagers don't do it either!!!

We were on the Sun on the Empress Deck about mid way. We did have good neighbours on one side, :) , but on the other was a group. There were a few nights when I had to knock on the wall, they thought it was the door and answered the door! They did quieten down. There was one night that there was a lot of noise coming from the kitchen. I'm sure the kitchen staff were having a party!:cool:

We were on the Sun on the Empress Deck about mid way. We did have good neighbours on one side, :) , but on the other was a group. There were a few nights when I had to knock on the wall, they thought it was the door and answered the door! They did quieten down. There was one night that there was a lot of noise coming from the kitchen. I'm sure the kitchen staff were having a party!:cool:

Yes, we were midships on Empress Deck on Sun, and found the same things with the kitchen.

On all three ships I've found that there's so much ambient noise (the engine, the aircondioning etc) that you don't really hear noises from the adjoining cabins - although one night on Sun I could hear my father snoring in the next cabin, because of the layout of the two cabins and the beds, he and I were head to head with only the wall seperating us.

we had cabin m066 which is right next to the stairs and lift at the pursers desk. Our door opened right on to the opening. I am a very light sleeper but heard very little noise except for the last night as people queued all night long to pay their bills.

You could sometimes hear next door if you were lying in bed and all was quiet

We did a cruise on the Sun last year and had an inside 4 berth cabin on Empress Deck (forward) as we were travelling with our two daughters. We had incredible problems with noise from the adjacent cabin which was occupied by 4 guys in their late teens/early twenties who kept returning to their room drunk at about 2am and proceeding to wake us all up with the noise. We made several complaints to security but the were very little use as they said they could only do something if they caught them "in the act" and they took 20 minutes to respond to our call by which time the guys had passed out. They did end up giving them a warning mid way through the cruise and told them they would be put off at the next port if they didn't settle down - this gave us 2 quiet nights until we had left the last port and then they were back to the old tricks as the next port was now Sydney.

We are now looking a Pacific Dawn cruise at Christmas 2007 (with my parents and other family for a 50th wedding celebration for my parents) and are trying to decide between getting an inside 4 berth on Aloha Deck (near the suites) or an outside 4 berth on Dolphin Deck. We are not fussed about having a window so thought maybe the upper deck would be preferable for quieter neighbours (or at least a quicker security response if we do have noisy ones!). Just wondering if anyone has any comments or advice on this?

Archived