Canyon Ranch

tabascored

Good Morning, Sue.

I think the Aqua Therapy Center on the QM2 is one of the most relaxing places I have ever been. I have been on the QM2 twice and have had massages on both voyages. When you book a massage or any other treatment, you are allowed to use the Therapy Center for the entire day. My husband and I usually book massages for the same day and spend quite a bit of time in the Therapy Center on those days. However, if you are not going to book any treatments, I would encourage you to purchase at least one day pass for the Therapy Center. Enjoy your voyage. The QM2 is an amazing ship.

Thanks for that! My husband and I were going to book the massage and were considering getting a three day pass also. The whirlpool and sauna just sound too good to miss.

Now I'm REALLY getting exited about this trip.

Regards,

Sue

:o :) :p

Do I remember reading someplace that it is possible to pre-book spa appointments on QM2? Or must one wait til boarding and hope for the best? I am absolutely salivating at the list of options and hope to sample a few of them and would love it if we could pre-book. Thanks for any input you can offer. Cheers, Penny

Hi Penny,

In the Voyage Information package I received it states that Canyon Ranch can be pre-booked 21 days prior to departure. Reservations are made direct with Canyon Ranch. I don't have the information with me today, but you can access their website for additional info. I'm going for the massage and the three day pass. Ahhhhh!

Sue

Just returned from 38 days on board and used the Aqua centre everyday!

Did a deal to get access for a reduced rate for the whole voyage and was not alone......... it is excellent to get inside out of the wind and rain while still relaxing in the water.

Staff are fabulous and constantly check the pools Ph and temperature every 2 hours. Both pool and whirlpool were totally emptied and cleaned at least 3 times.

Hi Sue...thanks for the info. We don't sail til Dec 2nd but I'm as excited about it as if we were leaving this weekend! I'll watch for that Voyage package as we get closer but it's nice to know this can be done in advance so we can get what we want. Have a fabulous trip!!Cheers, Penny

Penny,

I re-read the pre-booking. It states pre-booking can be made 21 day or more prior to departure. I guess this means they will take reservations at any time. I ordered a brochure. Once I receive it and my husband decides which of so many massages he would like, I will be reserving. I'll let you know how it goes.

Sue

Hi Sue....I had downloaded and printed out the whole brochure a couple of months ago from somewhere on the Cunard site but for the life of me I can't find it now. I did find this link tho and maybe you can drool over the services while you wait for your brochure.

http://www.canyonranch.com/story/brochure-library.aspx

If you look in the right column about 1/2 way down you see the link for QM2.

I do so appreciate your helpfulness. When do you sail? I'll look forward to hearing your spa experiences so I hope you'll post on return! Cheers, Penny

Penny,

We sail from Southampton on August 11th. A 30th anniversary celebration!

I looked at the schedule of services on line but I really need a hard copy to absorb the whole thing. I get distracted scrolling through pages of info.

I'll be making the reservations by mid May at the latest. I will definitely let you know what it's like. I can't imagine being disappointed in any way.

Cheers to you also.

Sue

Hi Sue....what a wonderful way to celebrate something so special. Our cruise will be to celebrate my husband's 65th. Haven't we both chosen a memorable way to celebrate these events!! And lucky you...August will be here well before December! I will have to make do living vicariously through everyone else's trips. I wish you smooth sailing and moonlit nights....and don't forget to hit that whirlpool I've heard about on the top deck (late in the evening was suggested!!!) Cheers, Penny

On my crossing I booked 2 services on 2 different days so I was able to use the pool, etc both days. I had a Thai Massage which was wonderful and a facial of which I've had better. Never the less I had 2 very relaxing days there.

I'm doing a QM2 crossing in May. If I wait until on board to book my daily spa appts (massage, skin etc) will I have a problem getting what I want? Or, is it worth the trouble to book on line in advance?

Archived