Location of room

funhavn

ou wouldn't Cotton, cause there's noting happening in there after 11/12 o'clock. As for the dining room, I have heard complaints because late at night they have to clean/re-arrange chairs and stuff. It's hit or miss. One place you definitely want to avoid being under if you are a light sleeper is the galley. there's always action there.

Thanks for the replies My DH is a heavy sleeper so if there is noise it wont bother him plus since we are going with out the kids I'm sure he will be getting his drink on. The last cruise I was usually so tired by the time we did get to our room his snoring didn't even bother me.

ou wouldn't Cotton, cause there's noting happening in there after 11/12 o'clock. As for the dining room, I have heard complaints because late at night they have to clean/re-arrange chairs and stuff. It's hit or miss. One place you definitely want to avoid being under if you are a light sleeper is the galley. there's always action there.

After booking 6A GTY, we ended up directly under the galley on the Valor (2412) and were panicked about the noise level. We didn't hear a peep the entire week. Loved it so much, we booked there for our upcoming Triumph cruise.

We just got our cabin assignment for the Inspiration, and we're either next to the elevator or around the corner from it (I'm not sure where the doors are for an interior cabin?). I'm thinking that being right by the elevator will make for some noisy nights.

MRWO - Oops, I missed the 'in the mornings'.;)

Caine - I don't think you should worry at all about being near the elevator. Many folks have said they've had no problem whatsoever.

I have had only one inside cabin - and it backed up to the elevator. I was concerned, but once in the cabin, I never heard a single little 'ding' from the elevator...not once during the entire cruise. A little noise from folks getting on and off, occasionally, but no "elevator" noise.:)

Yeah, I'm not really concerned about the elevator itself making noise - more about stumbling drunks or rowdy kids . :) But since I'll have a toddler with me (who I will do my best to keep quiet), I suppose I don't really have room to complain (in advance, even!).

Archived