From Houston to Galveston??? How???

Jdleong

CCL has transfers from IAH (they are discontinuing transfers from Hobby). They're $66 pp round-trip or $33 pp one-way. You can book them in advance with your PVP/TA, et al. or at the airport on the day of sailing.

We have booked a limo from Houston (Hobby) to Galveston. It is a Lincoln sedan for $70.00 one way. I think the price from IAH is $90.00. Try searching for Houston or Galveston limos as I am not sure I can give you their name here!

CCL has transfers from IAH (they are discontinuing transfers from Hobby). They're $66 pp round-trip or $33 pp one-way. You can book them in advance with your PVP/TA, et al. or at the airport on the day of sailing.

Where did you see this? I was getting ready to book my flight into and out of Hobby. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Gulf Coast, Emerald & Hallmark are limo companies that have all gotten good reviews out here. They are all husband & wife companies, not some huge national limo company. All 3 are based in the Houston area.

http://www.gulfcoastlimo.com/

http://www.emeraldlimos.com/

http://www.hallmarklimo.com/

I rented a minivan at IAH one-way to Galveston. I had an Enterprise coupon which u can get simply by going to their website and signing up for special offers. It cost me about $75 total for the minivan and I dopped it off at their Galveston location. They then drove me to the cruise ship terminal.

Did the same thing for the return to IAH. Only Enterprise and Hertz have a rental counter inside the terminal....you take care of the paperwork there, and they shuttle you to an off-site location (5 minutes away) for pick-up. I found it to be the most economical option for 7 of us instead of paying about $75 pp for a shuttle or limo. Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

We are using Enterprise as our transportation. There will be 5 in our party (2 are children). I don't remember the cost, but it was reasonable.

Could someone that has drove from IAH (Bush Intercontinental) tell me exactly how long it takes to get to the port?:confused: I'm beginning to get nervous that we won't have enough time. We are flying in the day of the cruise - I know we should have flown in early, but time wouldn't allow for that!!

we rented a car from Hobby at enterprise. it costs around $50 and took about 1:15 to get there. it was a very easy drive. enterprise requires you to drop it off at their galveston office and they will give you a free ride to the port.

when you come back from your cruise, enterprise has a parking lot at cruise terminal where you can get your car and return it to the airport.

if you don't mind driving, it's well worth it and you can save a little cash while you're at it. you have to call the enterprise office in galveston and/or hobby to reserve it, you cannot do one way rentals on the internet.

Archived