Cruise Directors

Arpin, Andrews and Dan, Dan the party man. We had Dan on the Empress and he was great on the small ship. Everywhere, doing everything. And, he remembered our names from the M&M and that we were Diamond.

Got to talk a lot with Jeff just before he retired at the M&M as only 6 of us showed up out of 40 some that signed up.

Just off the Mariner with James and he is one of the best we have had.

Haven't sailed with Clo or Becky yet, but keep hoping.

If anybody asks about the worst, we nominate KM.

I've been on 2 cruises so far (Carnival and Disney) and I couldn't tell you if I even saw a CD. We went to shows, horse races, movies, etc... but I don't recall anyone standing out or even being identified as the CD. Where do you see them, and what do they do to make you so impressed?

We are just back from a great cruise on the Adventure - Richard Spacey was an excellent cruise director; however, I don't think he was all that visible unless he was hosting an event.

Mark Walker was our CD on Navigator in 2004 and he was also very good. He seemed to be everywhere, very visible and mingling with the passengers.

I hope we have an equally good CD on the Freedom next year.

Robin

Toss up between Richard Spacey and Graham Seymour - Graham was more

visible; however, Richard reminded us of John Cleese. He did have a very good Assistant who did the Bingo. According to one group, she had bit of a harsh voice but was quite funny and quick on the repartee.

Howard - You will love the Mariner. The main perk is the Concierge Lounge. We always went there for breakfast with bagels, smoked salmon and some other goodies. Free capuccino and espresso all day. Free drinks starting at 1700 until 2230. Ice show tickets without standing in line. You will get your key and a letter from the Concierge in your cabin explaining all the details. If you have a Diamond RCI pin, wear it. All the crew recognizes it immediately. If you don't have one, call Crown & Anchor and get one.

Have sailed with Clo, the dimwit on the Jewel that nobody likes and just returned from a cruise on the Rhapsody with Dan, Dan the Party Man. We loved him! He's got a GREAT sense of humor and is at everything!

Archived