Buddy Lists

DoniaG

This is major cool! Go to FAQ's, put in "buddy list" and see what you find. :D :D :D

I found instructions to go to "My vB Home" but as yet have found no way to get there.....

Steve - I think you have to go in "Edit Options" in the User Control Panel and enable the Vcard download thingie. Then someone has to put you on their Buddy List (and I guess you have to put them on yours) to get the private messaging. I'm adding you to mine right now. Let's see if it works. Donia

Steve - I think you have to go in "Edit Options" in the User Control Panel and enable the Vcard download thingie. Then someone has to put you on their Buddy List (and I guess you have to put them on yours) to get the private messaging. I'm adding you to mine right now. Let's see if it works. Donia

Already did all that, and I can't see anyone else on forum either. I am not checked for "invisible" and so I stand alone.

Largin - I definitely want to be buddies with someone nice enough to send me pics of the Fairwind. Just added you to the list. Now if we could just figure out how the lists work ...........

Steve - You're not standing alone - we're all out here in the fog with ya!!!:eek:

The admins have private messaging disabled. If you go to the bottom "jump to" area and click on private messages you will get a message stating that the administrators have disabled private messaging. I guess it is while we are in beta test mode (I hope)

TinaLee

Largin - I definitely want to be buddies with someone nice enough to send me pics of the Fairwind. Just added you to the list. Now if we could just figure out how the lists work ...........

Steve - You're not standing alone - we're all out here in the fog with ya!!!:eek:

Why am I the only visible active member?... all alone, I smell nice I promise.

Thanks for the info, Tina. I feel better now

Steve - I'm also really missing the full list of who's here. Evidently, the box at the bottom tells you only who's active on the actual thread you're looking at. You can use the Forum Jump to go to "Who's on line?", but it lists everyone on all the boards! I really hope they change that part of the new stuff.

Donia

Sharon - Just added you to my buddy list. However, per Tina's post below, personal messaging is currently turned off. They probably figure that would be more than we can absorb! (Not, of course, that this isn't more than we can absorb already!) If you haven't already done it, go to the User Control Panel (Scroll to it in the Forum Jump box at the bottom of the page). Lots of stuff to do there.

Steve - If we just keep wandering around in the dark, we're bound to bump into someone we know eventually.

Good luck, Donia

:D :D :D :D

Hmmm....Just made an interesting discovery - and I'm not going to be the one to tell Sue. I tried to send this message with only smileys - it wouldn't let me! You're required to have at least four characters.

Sue, I hate to join in the voices that ask you to clean up the blank lines at the bottom of your sig, but it is taking up half my screen and I can't see YOU, now that is a shame.

Can you delete some of that empty real estate hon?

Go to the User CP (right end of blue strip near top of page)

Click "Edit Signature"

Put your cursor at the end of the last word and hit the "Delete" button a bunch of times.

If that doesn't work, there's probably someone out there who's smarter than me! Good luck!

Archived