Back to Suite?

dolls4sell

On Celebrity when you book a suite do they give you anything like HAL. Hal gives you chamgane, fruit, flowers and horsdeovres (at night) plus laundry is done free of charge and the concierge lounge whichi we enjoyed... Now if you are repeat cruiser you get another bottle of champagne and inventaions to several parties. I know on Celbririty they give you a butler which I could do without, just soemone else to tip.

We sailed on Mercury to the Mexican Riviera March 27, 2006. We had a sky suite. It was our first Celebrity cruise. First, you receive priority embarkation at the terminal. You will also receive priority disembarkation tickets for ports where you are tendered. In our suite, we found a bottle of champagne and a large bowl of fruit. The champagne we consumed at dinner with our table mates. The fruit was replenished throughout the cruise.

We ordered breakfast delivered to the room every morning (butler did that). The butler also brought afternoon tea (about 3:00 p.m.) and sandwiches and cookies and sweets and then small canapes before dinner (around 5 p.m.) He always seemed to be in the hallway when we returned to our room and opened the door for us. It is my understanding that the butler will help you unpack and pack and will polish your shoes for you, but we did not ask ours to do that. I think we were supposed to have fresh flowers in the suite, but we did not. We didn't ask about that as we did not feel it necessary. If you choose to have lunch or dinner in the cabin, you can order from any dining venue during its serving hours and have the food served in your cabin or on the verandah (by the butler).

The greatest "perk" from booking the suite was the use of the thalassotherapy pool in the spa at no extra charge. Guests from regular cabins pay something in the area of $20-30 per day or $99 for the entire cruise for the use of that pool, which is a little bit of heaven at sea. Oh, and you will have a whirlpool bathtub in the suite.

The suite was larger than the regular cabins, but it comes at a price. You have to determine if it is worth it to you or not. We enjoy spending quite a bit of time in the cabin and on the verandah, so we really enjoy the suite.

Hope this helps. Happy cruising!

On Celebrity when you book a suite do they give you anything like HAL. Hal gives you chamgane, fruit, flowers and horsdeovres (at night) plus laundry is done free of charge and the concierge lounge whichi we enjoyed... Now if you are repeat cruiser you get another bottle of champagne and inventaions to several parties. I know on Celbririty they give you a butler which I could do without, just soemone else to tip.

What type of suite did you have on HAL. My DW and I have only had "S" suites, but I know that there is another category, both up and down. Down gives you nothing except real estate. Our category gave us a key to the concierge lounge, where there is breakfast, snacks, and appetizers. The concierge is only helpfully to an extent, and without getting into a free for all on this thread, only does a mediocre job!

Since you can do without a butler, I suggest that you sail with RCCL, the sister to X, which has more real estate per cabin class, and on the newer ships, also has a concierge lounge. As a repeat customer, there are some goodies not found on HAL.......but then again that is why there are so many repeat customers!

Rick

We were 1 door down from, the concierge loung on HAL (Deluxe Suite). My husband would get up and bring back coffee before our breakfast arrived. We didn't have to go down to the front desk for anything which was a big plus.

On Celebrity do you have use of the concierge lounge or just the butler when you book a suite.

Thank you for all your info.

On Celebrity do you have use of the concierge lounge or just the butler when you book a suite.

Thank you for all your info.

No concierge lounge, just a butler. We sailed in a sky suite last year and it was nice. On a Century class ship the only way to get a cabin larger than 172 sq ft is to book a suite.

My parents have sailed in both a sky suite on the Galaxy and "S" suite on the Westerdam. Their opinion was that for the money, the "S" suite was much much better than a suite on Celebrity. My mom loved the free laundry the best and my dad loved the convenience of the Neptune Lounge. You really need to sit down with the list of amenities and decide which ones are the most appealing for you.

It would depend on the specific ship, but their "S" suite on the Westerdam was also much larger than the sky suite on the Galaxy.

Thank you for your reply. I think with your reply and my feelings we are going to go on HAL. Both are good but we know what we get and to except on HAL.

plus the dulexe suite was vert comfortable for us and I do not need a butler.

We are in a mid 50's and met many nice people on our later cruise on HAL all ages. Everyone says you are not in your room that much so but when I am I want to be comfortable.

Thank you

SJ

Archived