Embarkation Process at Darling Harbour.

maxx

Can someone please give me some info....I was told that you have to drop of your luggage "somewhere" & then go "somewhere else" to go through Customs, it's a long way, lots of walking, etc. How long does it take to get from our drop off at the wharf to boarding? Is there a lot of walking? The whole scenario sounded very complex to me. ( another silly question but we are trying to work out the best time to get there). Thanks in advance.

When i went on my first cruise last year i just dropped my luggage off at the footpath near the building. Theres people there to tell you. Its all at the same place. Once the line starts moving it doesnt take too long. When we got there there was a line so we went for a walk to the aquarium. When we got back the line was longer.

we dropped our luggage off about 11.30 (took about 30 seconds) and then went to Darling harbour for lunch. When we got back we went across the road to the pub for a drink & then came back & joined the queue. It was quite long but from joining queue to being in our cabin was about 40mins. The line is always moving and you'll be so hyped up you won't even care. I'd give anything to go back to that moment where I joined that long queue.

Karen

We were picked up from the airport, there were 300 of us from various flights. Loaded on to buses, and it was busy at the wharf, but there were plenty of people telling you what to do , and where to go. First the queue to put your luggage in, not a long wait and the line kept moving.

Then inside and again a long queue but again it kept moving all the time, and we started chatting with the couple in front of us, (and have now become good friends with), then once behind the barrier, straight through for passport checking, hand luggage scanning, GST refund on the camera we had bought, and collection of our cruise cards and cabin keys, and on to the ship. You are so excited, that the waiting seems like nothing, it is a bit off putting to see the amount of people there, but the wait is nothing like you think it could be.

Val

Thanks everyone. We have booked a limo (mates rates & cheaper than a taxi) to be there about 12.30pm. I just couldn't bear the thought of lining up for hours but the whole process sounds quite painless.

Thanks everyone. We have booked a limo (mates rates & cheaper than a taxi) to be there about 12.30pm. I just couldn't bear the thought of lining up for hours but the whole process sounds quite painless.

It's very painless. And hey, if you decide you just don't want to go through it, I'll gladly do it for you:D .

Karen

Can someone please give me some info....I was told that you have to drop of your luggage "somewhere" & then go "somewhere else" to go through Customs, it's a long way, lots of walking, etc. How long does it take to get from our drop off at the wharf to boarding? Is there a lot of walking? The whole scenario sounded very complex to me. ( another silly question but we are trying to work out the best time to get there). Thanks in advance.

Maxx, I think someone might have been having you on, or they have a distorted idea of "a long way"! You drop your luggage off at the luggage collection area at the northern end of the terminal, and then about 100m (if that) to the main enterance of the terminal, and then through customs & checkin and onto the ship.

When we went on Sun, we arrived at Sydney Airport at 8.00am, were at the cruise terminal at 9.00, dropped our luggage off - and went and had brunch at Darling Harbour with family, getting back to Darling Harbour just on 12 when checkin opened and were in our cabins by 12.30.

Maxx, I think someone might have been having you on, or they have a distorted idea of "a long way"! You drop your luggage off at the luggage collection area at the northern end of the terminal, and then about 100m (if that) to the main enterance of the terminal, and then through customs & checkin and onto the ship.

When we went on Sun, we arrived at Sydney Airport at 8.00am, were at the cruise terminal at 9.00, dropped our luggage off - and went and had brunch at Darling Harbour with family, getting back to Darling Harbour just on 12 when checkin opened and were in our cabins by 12.30.

Well he was kind of "old". We plan to get there around 12.30pm. I just need to get on that ship & start my holidays. I am sick & tired of waiting, it's endless, made worse by the fact that I work in a prison so I get locked up when I go to work!! I want to get out of this city NOW!!! Yes, it's been a long day at work, again:mad: .

Archived