Bring your own soda?

beobopus

I've heard you are allowed to bring your own soda on board. If this is true what's stop you from filling the bottles with booze?

yes it is true you can bring your own soda on with you....as for the ???, nothing is stopping you..you may get away with it or you may not, it's your call.....

HINT...the suitcase you use for you soda will be empty by the end of the cruise so you can use that for your shopping sprees :)

I've heard you are allowed to bring your own soda on board. If this is true what's stop you from filling the bottles with booze?

In the past, had no problem bringing on cans. Another time they did look at our 2 ltr bottles to see if the cap seal had been broken. Course, we just carried it on those times. In Dec we put some 16 oz bottles in our checked baggage & the xray picked them up and our baggage was taken to booze prison where we had to open it and show them the bottles.

-Monte

We brought 2 12pks. of pepsi in the small 8oz. plastic bottles and a 12 pk.

of water. DH used a luggage cart (Wal-Mart) and secured them with a bungee strap. We brought them right on the ship without any problem. We also ordered a bar set-up. I realize it can be expensive at first to do that. We paid $83 for a bottle of Barcardi and John Walker Red but with regular drinks being $5.25 plus 15% it worked for us. I also packed plastic cups and our room steward kept our ice bucket full.

We always take some soda with us, but not usually a lot. I take enough to get us to the first port where I buy some more. Otherwise it makes the luggage really heavy!

I buy the diet Coke in plastic bottles and make sure the plastic ring, holding the 6-pack, is still intact. I've never been stopped or questioned.

If they were suspicious of your bottles, I'm sure they'd check to see if the seal had been broken.

Have fun!

Hikini:D

Archived