Need help when u retrun to port what time can I get off the ship ??

pinklady982

Help.

I am having a really hard time with airfare flights coming home. Either its early that Sunday morning or late Sunday night and I dont want to sit in the airport all day.

So does anyone know the earliest they can let you off the ship. I am nervous about booking an early flight, because i am afraid we will miss the flight. They have flights leaving Miami at like 8:52 am.... What are the odds of making the flight ?

This is my 2nd cruise and leaving from the same port as last year. I do remember last year them announcing anyone that has an early flight can get off the ship with their own luggage but when i called my Carnival Rep recently she said No. Can anyone confim this for me ? I would much rather get the early flight home rather then spending the entire day in the Miami Airport.

Any information will help me in making these airfare decisions. Its hard finding flights that work with the times.

Thanks a lot.

Help.

I am having a really hard time with airfare flights coming home. Either its early that Sunday morning or late Sunday night and I dont want to sit in the airport all day.

So does anyone know the earliest they can let you off the ship. I am nervous about booking an early flight, because i am afraid we will miss the flight. They have flights leaving Miami at like 8:52 am.... What are the odds of making the flight ?

This is my 2nd cruise and leaving from the same port as last year. I do remember last year them announcing anyone that has an early flight can get off the ship with their own luggage but when i called my Carnival Rep recently she said No. Can anyone confim this for me ? I would much rather get the early flight home rather then spending the entire day in the Miami Airport.

Any information will help me in making these airfare decisions. Its hard finding flights that work with the times.

Thanks a lot.

We debarked off the Valor at 6:45am using Self Assist and was on the bus by 7am, got to the airport by 7:30am and was at our terminal at 8am.

11:30am would be a good starting time. Dont even try anything under 10am because what if the ship comes in late.

I would say you have only a slight possibility of making a flight that early. I personally would never try it, and I would hesitate to book anything earlier than noon. Have you looked into flying in & out of Fort Lauderdale? We found much cheaper flights and had better options by doing that. If that doesn't work, you could consider doing an excursion, or renting a car for the afternoon and doing some sightseeing.

Thanks for the tips. So basically I will have to stick with my earliest flight I can find which is 3:42pm.

I guess I can go to the airport and check our bags when we get off the ship. But does anyone know of any good places to go or things to do in Miami so I am not stuck in the airport all day. As long as we can check our bags and not have to lug them around, why waste a nice day is Beautifl Miami.

Try looking for flights in or out of Ft Lauderdale.

Carnival has excursions where you put the luggage on the bus, do the tour then they drop you at the airport.

You can also buy Bus Transfers at the Pursers office, only $12.00 pp to go to Miami Airport or Ft. Lauderdale.

Thanks for the tips. So basically I will have to stick with my earliest flight I can find which is 3:42pm.

I guess I can go to the airport and check our bags when we get off the ship. But does anyone know of any good places to go or things to do in Miami so I am not stuck in the airport all day. As long as we can check our bags and not have to lug them around, why waste a nice day is Beautifl Miami.

Take a Cab to South Beach and spend some fun time there. You can also Pick up a Rental Car there at the Port and return it at the airport when youre done.

Book the 3:40 flight, if you happen to be able to get off the ship at 6:30, zip to the airport and try and get on the earlier flight home

That would work well during off peak season, on Spring Break forget about it. All flights are full, also holidays forget about it.:cool:

Archived