Empress-Best cabin? Food?

We are planning on booking Empress of the Sea for Bemuda 2007 once they are released. I know I want at least a balcony cabin (which is why are are not doing Zenith!) so I have to go with a JS-right?. What would you consider the best cabinto be? The aft cabins look oddly shaped?

And is the food really that bad as some reviews state?

We were just on this ship and had the aft Owner's Suite-9184. I mention this because we only paid 200.00 more for the OS than our friends paid for thier JS. The shower is so small in the JS--someone on these boards joked that you have to step out of it to pick up your soap! The JS on this ship are actually just the regular balcony cabin on any other ship. Also, a warning about the JS on deck 9--thiers was directly under the pool and they were awoken everynight between 2 and 4 am with loud clanging and banging of deck chairs being cleaned etc. They complained to security for several days in a row until it stopped but they were pretty exhuasted and upset by then...

The food was as good as any RCCL ship--pretty much the same menus. The Windjammer was just

so-so--hope you are fond of lamb!The diningroom was pretty good and Portofino's excellent...

We've been on Empress 4 times....scheduled for the fifth in July. I've never had a problem with the food.

We have a JS booked for this upcoming trip, but a little farther back from the pool area so I hope we won't get the noise.

We had the aft JS (9684) booked, but there is a thread dealing with those aft cabins and I saw some pictures of it. There is no sitting area in those cabins. It reminded me of an inside cabin with a huge balcony tacked on to the side. We changed it to the side JS. I hope we won't be sorry. My inlaws have the aft cabin on deck 8. We'll see.

Archived