Distance from Houston to Galveston

svetas74

Hi,

we are thinking of taking a cruise out of Galveston, but are unsure how far is the Port from the Houston Airport. Are there are shuttles? busses? Cabs only? How long is the trip and how much does it usually cost?

thanks,

Lana

Hi Lana,

We did that route last August via car, however there are a couple of shuttles that go from Houston International to Galveston - wouldn't do the cab - way too expensive. If you google transportation houston airport galveston you will see several links. The price is around $65 US one way. Allow yourself plenty of time as traffic on that route can be horrific - the distance isn't much in miles, but it sure is in time.

We're doing the shuttle route next March, but haven't booked yet.

Have a great trip!

Debbie

Also check out what is called a "Transfer". Princess hires a bus service that will transport you from airport directly to the dock. The transfer ticket comes as a coupon with your cruise travel documents. Typically one is met at the airport by a Princess agent (someone with a Princess clipboard) who will direct arriving passengers from plane to the bus, taking a lot of the worry/confusion out of the process. Check (or have your travel agent check) the prices for transfers and compare against other alternatives.

Galveston Limo (a van) has regular service to and from both airports to the pier. We prefer them to the ship's bus, because we don't have to wait until a whole bus is filled before we can leave (besides, they have a senior discount). Nancy

Galveston Limo (a van) has regular service to and from both airports to the pier. We prefer them to the ship's bus, because we don't have to wait until a whole bus is filled before we can leave (besides, they have a senior discount). Nancy

Do you know what age their "Senior Discount" begins? :)

We took a cruise out of galveston last spring, flew into hobby. We had party of 9 and rented a van ourselves. I think it was around 80.00 although I am not positive, but when broken down for each person, turned out to be around 10.00 a person. We were staying overnight as well, so it was nice to have the van. The drive from hobby to galveston did just take less than an hour & was easy. I think I would rent again, even if we weren't overnight. My sister in law suggested this initially, and we usually find it the cheapest way rather than the per person shuttle charge.

We cruised out of Houston last year, had and excellent private driver, we thought he was very reasonable if you would like his number drop me an e-mail fuller1958@yahoo.com Liz

Thanks again Liz for the recommendation last year. This driver was absolutely wonderful, a perfect gentleman.

It's 70 miles from IAH (George Bush Intercontental) to Galveston and 42 miles from HOU (William P Hobby). Hobby is mostly a regional airport primarily serviced by Southwest Airlines.

Many people rent a car or van, usually from Enterprise. It's an easy trip - a near straight shot on I-45 from either airport.

http://www.portofgalveston.com/

http://www.galveston.com/

Archived