Is 11:00 a.m. flight do-able from Vancouver?

skarletohara

Best bet is to call Princess and ask them also.

I think (repeat think) that noon might be the earliest suggested time for a departure.

The main reason is NOT so much the clearing from the ship and getting to the airport, but if you are going from Canada to the US .. the US Immigration in YVR may hang you up. The lines both coming and going tend to be huge when ships are in port. If you are flying intra-Canada I cannot offer help.. never done it from YVR.

Obviously if you have a tier with the airline's frequent flyer program and can check in at the First Class (hopefully shorter) line that would also help.

Maybe I had a bad experience but the flight I was on (non cruise) cancelled and the two agents working on First Class took almost an hour to process (rebook) two passengers. I was on my cell phone doing my rebooking by then .. and had to wait another 4+ hours in the airport...

I know the hotels by the pier will be tempting (the Fairmont Waterfront is GREAT) however they are building a convention center right there (right where the ships come in .. and the Fairmont and the PanPacific Hotel).

I would personally NOT suggest staying there as construction noise will be heavy.

The 'old' Fairmont downtown (old=grand) might be a good choice or other hotels. Fairmont also has a hotel AT the airport should you plan a very early morning flight the next day.

I think you are wise to forgo the 11 am departure, particularly if you are flying to the US. I live in a suburb of Vancouver, so couldn't resist throwing my two cents worth into the conversation.

The Westin Bayshore is a great choice - it has access to a lovely walk along the waterfront and is close to Stanley Park - however it is a bit of a hike into the center of Downtown - depends upon what you are looking for. Other suggestions would include, as the previous writer suggested, the VAncouver Hotel - very historic, the Four Seasons is nice, it is attached to a large underground shopping mall and is very centralized. If you are interested in a small boutique hotel I have stayed in the Wedgewood and it is truly lovely - with excellent walking access to the center of town, or the Sutton Place Hotel - and if you stay there, the Chocolate Buffet is beyond heaven (if you like chocolate, of course.):)

Hope this is helpful.

We are thinking about the Westin Bayshore. I've read very good reviews

about that one and also read that it is away from the construction noise.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated

We stayed at the Four Seasons. Was very nice---had a beautiful pool and excercise area, and was very centrally located downtown. Bed was ridiculously comfrtable. The staff at the hotel were very accomodating as well. If you look on the Alaska Boards, you will see a lot of folks like the Pan Pacific Hotel ( I have not stayed there, but am sure it is wonderful based on the overwhelming positive comments)

I've decided that we don't want to risk the 11 a.m. departure time

and we'll stay over an extra night or to in Vancouver!

Seems too early after all with immigration/customs and all that.

Here are a few to check with in the immediate area. Unfortunately I do not have 1-800 number for you.

The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver 900 West Georgia Street 604-684-3131 -

Hyatt Regency Vancouver 655 Burrard Street 604-683-1234 - Delta Vancouver Suite Hotel 550 West Hastings Street 604-689-8188 - Pacific Palisades Hotel 1277 Robson Street 604-688-0461 - Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre 1088 Burrard Street 604-331-1000 - Listel Hotel 1300 Robson Street 604-684-8461 - Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside 1133 West Hastings St. 604-689-9211 - The Fairmont Waterfront 900 Canada Place Way 604-691-1991 - Marriott Residence Inn Vancouver 1234 Hornby Street 604-688-1234

We are thinking about the Westin Bayshore. I've read very good reviews

about that one and also read that it is away from the construction noise.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated

:D Hi, This will be your very best choice, due to near excellent,location and still far away enough from the convention centre construction site.

Good choice !!! You'll enjoy that.

The Bayshore is a good 5***** !!

Cheers

CG

;)

Everyone has been so nice with their suggestions!

I was able to get the Westin Bayshore on Priceline just an hour ago,

for July 1 and 2. The rate was showing as $299 (American) and

I got it for $125 per night. Woo-hoo!

Got a great airfare, cruise fare and hotel fare EXCEPT for Anchorage hotel.

Can we say rip-off?

Archived