QM2 Cabins to be reclassified AGAIN????

Emu

I have been trawling for information on upcoming QM2 voyages when I came across a reference to "AA" category cabins!

As there is A1,A2,A3 at present.............. what is "AA" and when is it going to come into being?

I hope we are not going to have the saga of last year repeat itself, when cabins all over the ship were reclassified with much anguish being caused to those already booked.

Any info or links to the new deck plans would be welcome.

Emu,

Basically, in 2007 Cunard is offering a slightly more exclusive dining option that falls between Britannia and the Grills. Passengers in the 46 AA cabins will dine in a new private area within the Britannia Dining Room.

The single seating restaurant will feature the Britannia menu plus a selection of a la carte options. In addition the new area will also include table side flambe service.

Cruiserking

Ok............ so we are now going to have a four class ship instead of three? ie Britannia, Britannia Balcony, Princess & Queens.

My question is which cabins are going to be reclassified "AA"? There are many more than 46 A1 class cabins at the moment........... I thought perhaps all of the A1 on deck 11 may be candidates, but there is even 50 of them.

Another point......... will the Britannia restaurant be physically altered to accomodate the changed section or will it just be an area where the AA pax can arrive for the meal at any time during service? I would imagine tables for 6,8,10 do not really suit when everyone turns up at different times? Perhaps more tables for 2 & 4?

Any idea when this new class of service starts??

Ok............ so we are now going to have a four class ship instead of three? ie Britannia, Britannia Balcony, Princess & Queens.

My question is which cabins are going to be reclassified "AA"? There are many more than 46 A1 class cabins at the moment........... I thought perhaps all of the A1 on deck 11 may be candidates, but there is even 50 of them.

Another point......... will the Britannia restaurant be physically altered to accomodate the changed section or will it just be an area where the AA pax can arrive for the meal at any time during service? I would imagine tables for 6,8,10 do not really suit when everyone turns up at different times? Perhaps more tables for 2 & 4?

Any idea when this new class of service starts??

I would assume that the most centraly located midship A1's would be re-classed.

The start date of this new 'idea' is sometime just after the 2007 world cruise.

A year ago we booked the World Cruise, deck 5 hull balcony.

We have been going round and round since then about the "hull" balcony.

Today, we bumped up to Deck 11 A2, stateroom #11040. We only go around once, I couldn't see us enjoying a hull balcony for 80 days, not being able to see anything while seated.

How is the lighting inside the staterooms? I have to admit that they appear quite dark in photos.

Emu, even though we bumped up to an A2, I suppose this new classification won't have any affect on us as far as dining goes?

stateroom #11040. I suppose this new classification won't have any affect on us as far as dining goes?

The AA cabins are only on Deck 12- and afaik the new system does not start until after the World Cruise.

Peter

Just returned from 38 days in a "glass" balcony cabin on the QM2.

As far as lighting goes......... it is fine......... however we had a slight problem with the sun streaming into the cabin around the edges and bottom of the curtains early in the morning. I used to tuck one curtain in near the tv........... and the other behind the sofa. Then I used the two round cushions off the bed to block the floor!

On the world cruise I will be bringing my masking tape!

Make sure you don't have a cabin with a connecting door, as these were a constant source of complaint on the trip (from other pax)........ complaints ranged from cigarette smoke from adjoining cabin to noisy sex (!!!!!!!!) & tv's keeping the next door neighbours awake. Also heard a couple were shifted due to noise from a service area across the hall.

We too are on deck 11 having also chosen the port side........... specifically for the arrival into Sydney harbour, and viewed the cabin we have selected whilst we were on board.

Archived