Beware Cunard Transfers from Red Hook...

lansonlady

RE:

CC meeting

After hearing the fun at your meeting, I had to laugh.

I got "volunteered" to make us name tags. Of course, last minute, not knowing really how to do the graphics, using software that didn't seem to match what it said on the labels and cards that didn't fit in my printer, and my obsolete printer ran out of its obsolete cyan ink which I ran out to Staples only to discovered they no longer carried it. etc, etc, etc.

Stilll, it was worth it, putting the labels out on the table in the chart room, which helped people to find us. A table card (tent card) made by one of the "ring-leaders" has also been used before according to some posts. Anything to let people know who you are.

Or maybe we all agree on the role call- Okay, we will all wear a pink carnation in my left lapel. Our luck, we'll run into a convention of Demolay boys and Rainbow girls (masonic organziations that used to dress formal when my sister was in it) or somebody's bat mitzvah or wedding party- all wearing pink carnations.

Or some gang symbol! (Okay, a somewhat ...unusual gang!)

Karie,

who rarely wears pink carnations

Its a more secure area and bcause governors Island is accross the way, its easier to block the channel for boats coming at her. This is especially true since her butt stuck out into the harbor in Manhattan. I do think the alure of a new pier which Cunard would be almost the only one had something to do with it. Finally the British won the Battle of Long Island(which Brooklyn is the western most part) has something to do with it---what exactly I don't know...

Sorry smeyer I know I always disagree with you. I really don't mean too.

QM2 was moved for 1 reason only, Carnival Corp signed a contract with NYC to sail from Redhook. It had nothing to do with QM safety except maybe her sticking out to far when docked at the manhattan pier.

Sorry smeyer I know I always disagree with you. I really don't mean too.

QM2 was moved for 1 reason only, Carnival Corp signed a contract with NYC to sail from Redhook. It had nothing to do with QM safety except maybe her sticking out to far when docked at the manhattan pier.

I am sorry too but the Coast Guard was complaining about its butt sticking out. I agree that it was also because that Carnival is using the Brooklyn Pier. You don't think the butt sticking out is a safety/security issue? In the end(pun intended) it was the CG who would decide if it was a safety security issue. Bayonne can accommodate the QM in the pier there as well.

Archived