VOS Balcony Doors

Just a quick question:

I have seen several threads indicating that a bungee cord is needed to keep a balcony door open, but it seemed like all of the threads were referring to Carnival cruise ships. Is this also needed for RCCI cruise ships? Any words of wisdom from past Voyager cruisers?

Just a quick question:

I have seen several threads indicating that a bungee cord is needed to keep a balcony door open, but it seemed like all of the threads were referring to Carnival cruise ships. Is this also needed for RCCI cruise ships? Any words of wisdom from past Voyager cruisers?

We just sailed on the Adventure of the Seas (voyageur class ship) and there was absoloutely no need for bungee cords to hold the balcony door open - it was a slider!

We were on the VOS in Feb. and you do not need the bungee cord however your air conditioner does not work well when the door is left open. But it is a slider and will stay open on its own.

Can I get an explanation as to why some cruise lines (one in particular) use any door other than sliding glass doors.

The cruise lines with investments in bungee cord manufacturers use regular doors. The cruise lines that do not have investments in bungee cord manufacturers use sliding doors.

Can I get an explanation as to why some cruise lines (one in particular) use any door other than sliding glass doors.

My guess would be that Carnival and other lines use a non sliding glass door to deter people from leaving the balcony door open for extended periods of time, which obviously lets the AC out, decreases efficiency of the system and wastes power. I'm as guilty of this as the rest of you. :D

Archived