Carnival Perks Or Levels

shopalot11

I know on RCCL they have levels, which get you different perks...I have been on at least 7+ Carnival cruises and this past Feb for the first time I actually got a Gold colored S&S card...Which was suppose to mean that I was a past cruiser...Didnt get anything for it..but I have been a past cruiser for a long time and this is the first time Ive heard of anything...Just wondering if anyone else has heard about this...Thanks

I know on RCCL they have levels, which get you different perks...I have been on at least 7+ Carnival cruises and this past Feb for the first time I actually got a Gold colored S&S card...Which was suppose to mean that I was a past cruiser...Didnt get anything for it..but I have been a past cruiser for a long time and this is the first time Ive heard of anything...Just wondering if anyone else has heard about this...Thanks

It does not mean anything until you board your 10th cruise, then the Platinum perks kick in. So until then, the Gold just means a "past cruisers party" and a "thanks for sailing with us again".

Platinum (starting on your 10th cruise):

1. VIP Check In (used to be called the Skippers Club).

2, Priority tendering (just show them the ole platinum card - no running down to the lounge to get tendering tickets).

3. Free wash and fold laundry service (which we used twice on the Pride - I did tip our room steward each time $10 because we had bluejeans, t-shirts and stuff for a family of 4).

4. Personalized stationary.

5. Canapes and Petit fours on formal nights.

6. Free $20 entry fee into the slots or blackjack tournament.

7. Priority debarkation (complete with a room to wait in with coffee and danish).

Thanks for the info..I guess I should make sure Carnival has all my past cruises listed...I know of two that are not on my list on the web page...they are from the 98/99 so they should count? tha would make me on my 9th carnival one.... I guess I just call them to do that...not sure...

thanks for the help...

Thanks for the info..I guess I should make sure Carnival has all my past cruises listed...I know of two that are not on my list on the web page...they are from the 98/99 so they should count? tha would make me on my 9th carnival one.... I guess I just call them to do that...not sure...

thanks for the help...

They definatley count. Carnival has some problems getting them all listed.

There should be a link (button) that says "add cruises" and that will direct you on how to get the ones missing added.

It will take "proof" so if you used a TA, they may be able to help provide that "proof" if you don't have the original booking number.

thanks for the help...

Yes, definitely call them. Most 7 night+ cruises do a cocktail party too for past guests. We don't drink, but it is normally fun to go to.

Yes, definitely call them. Most 7 night+ cruises do a cocktail party too for past guests. We don't drink, but it is normally fun to go to.

ALL Carnival cruises of five nights or longer have a Past Guest party.:)

Shouldn't Platinum status be given to customers with a certain amount of cruise days to be fair? As it stands now,one can go on ten three day cruises(thirty total paid days) and reach Platinum. But someone else goes on five seven day and two five day(forty five cruise days,but only seven cruises). Or maybe four sevens and two twelves(fifty two days).

Wouldn't it be more fair to set Platinum status at,say,fifty cruise days?

:rolleyes: Not the way Carnival sees it. -$$$

I took 6 cabins for New Years on the legend this year. That will be my 8th carnival cruise. you would think buying 6 cabins it would make me Platinum or at least the skippers club CARNIVAL TOLD ME SORRY.

Shouldn't Platinum status be given to customers with a certain amount of cruise days to be fair? As it stands now,one can go on ten three day cruises(thirty total paid days) and reach Platinum. But someone else goes on five seven day and two five day(forty five cruise days,but only seven cruises). Or maybe four sevens and two twelves(fifty two days).

Wouldn't it be more fair to set Platinum status at,say,fifty cruise days?

I agree....10 7 day cruises = 70 days, which could equal $14000 spent on cabin.

10 3 day cruises = 30 days , which could equal $3000 , possibly less, spent on cabin. Something doesn't seem quite right about that. If it is the dollar factor, then basing it on days cruised would be better for CCL. Longer, more expensive cruises, would receive the perks.

Maybe they should have a Platinum Plus based on days....or maybe call it Diamond. I think by basing it on number of cruises, they will be giving these extra little perks to lots of people! Priority embarkation and debarkation could get very crowded. And priority tendering would also lose its value.

Archived