Place in Las Ramblas or Gothic for tapas &cocktails

Our Cruise Critic group is looking for suggestions for a place to meet up the night before our June 19th cruise on the Brilliance.

We would like to meet as a group either in Las Ramblas or the Gothic Quarter for tapas and Cocktails.

We thought maybe some of you that have already visited Barcelona could give us a good reccomendation. Please help us out! Thanks!

There used to be a great tapas bar where the Hotel Arts is that could accommodate your group..good food and drinks.The Hotel Arts isn't bad either for cocktails,but not in the areas you want.There are several places in the Gothic Quarterthat maybe good choices as well. I don't rememebr names..sorry.There is another Tapas bar that I know by the Sagrada.I am sure someone will better info,but it's a start...icon_smile.gif

Karen

Ü

Thanks for your help, Karen. I also read an old post reccomending to meet in the bar area of The Meridien Hotel. In fact, I think the post was by you, Karen. The post said that the Meridien was a central location and close to good places to eat. That is definitely a possibility we are considering.

Any other ideas? Please let us know.

No..I was going to say the Le Meridien because the hotel is an ideal meeting sopt,but you said tapas so.... You can always find something in the area from the hotel.The Gothic Quarter is pretty much across the street albeit a stroll,and the bar area in the hotel is very nice.The concierge could direct you to a few places I am sure.Have a great time and cruise!!!

Karen

Ü

We leave June 2nd and plan to meet at Le Meridian for drinks the go for tapas or dinner. What ever hits our fancy. icon_biggrin.gif

Millennium - 6/2/04 - Mediteranean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;5;30;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Infinity - 12/5/04 - Hawaii - Infinitinis

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

ABQcruisers

If you are looking for a true spanish tapas bar you must go to EL VASO DE ORO (http://www.wguides.com/city/18/128_68702.cfm)

(http://www.concierge.com/destination/barcelona/ig/nightlife/Property/Nightlife/data/barcelona/ElVasodeOro.xml/)

It is an small bar but the tapas they serve are delicious.

In the last few years the tapas have become fashionable and there are a lot of new bars like TAPA TAPA, TAPAS BAR, BA BA RE BA all they are good but not comparable with EL VASO DE ORO

Best regards / Anna

MSC LIRICA August 1, 2004

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

Anna, it's great to hear from a local! Where is El Vaso De Oro located? Would it be within walking distance to the Le Meridien?

Some of us are staying at the H10 Marina Hotel, but I figured that the Le Meridien would be a good meeting place for all of us. Thanks for the great reccomendation. It sounds like we have a plan. icon_smile.gif

Please join us on the evening of June 18th if you can. We will be sailing on the Brilliance on June 19th.

ABQcruisers

The address is:

Calle (street) Balboa , 6

Is not far from the hotel Le Meridien, this is a link with the map from the hotel to the bar

http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/esp/dyn/controller/ItiWGPerformPage?strStartReflex=35975&strStartCoord=2.170125*41.38516&strStartAddress=Rambla+De+Canaletes&strDestReflex=35975&strDestCoord=2.1893450000000003*41.382435&strDestAddress=Carrer+De+Balboa&dtmDeparture=20%2F05%2F2004&intOneCountryCheck=true&intItineraryType=1&productId=42000

I would be very pleased to join you but at this time I'm not shure it would be possible for me in that date, when I know if it is possible I will send you an e-mail.

Best regards / Anna

MSC LIRICA August 1, 2004

Anna,

Thank you so much for the map link. I also found a map and directions to the hotel on Mapquest. Our group has decided to meet at El Vaso de Oro at 8PM on the 18th of June. I hope that you will be able to join us.

Marcia

Count us in! Bluzcruzer (Rick) and wife (Linda) will be there at 8:00pm. We're staying at the Hotel Continental on Las Ramblas - I'm certain that there are other cruisers there too. Is there anything else we need to do?

Bluzcruzer- I have added Rick and Linda to the list of folks joining us. The list is on The Royal Caribbean Meet & Mingle Roll Call site. Are you familiar with it? I can't remember if I have seen bluzcruzer there. ??

Marcia

Bluzcruzer, We look forward to meeting you at El Vaso de Oro on the 18 June at 8PM. Let me know, if you are on The Brilliance on the 19th. I looked, and couldn't find postings for you on the meet & mingle RCI Rollcall site. ??? See you soon!

Hello ABQcruiser - I just registered for the M&M - thanks for the reminder. Also thanks for adding us to the list. FYI, we ended up on the list twice (Rick & Linda - RBLT via & bluzcruzer).

Thanks again!

Archived