Carnival Owns Rccl Fact Or Fiction

Sorry guys, I'm just saying that before my last Carnival cruise, I spent a lot of time on that board and before my last RCI cruise I spent a lot of time on this board and now before my first Princess one I spent a lot of time on that board.

This one bashes people and their opinions WAY more than the other two. In fact, how often do you see people questioning why they are being jumped on because they've enjoyed other cruises?

Everytime someone comments on it, someone says "you should check out the other boards they are worse"....but they aren't.

Spend some time over there and you may very well see for yourselves.

Now, I can't speak for NCL or the HAL or countless other boards, but the chief competition of RCI is CCL and Princess and they're secure enough in their own product that they don't feel the need to bash RCI or the people who choose to cruise on them. I think they consider the commonality of loving cruising more than the difference of what line it's on.

JMO YMMV

Aggieastrofan,

I have yet to see that RCI can live up to it's "superior" status given by the people on this board. My list of comparisons found CCL rating higher, but I'm giving them another try.

The people are the same, the product is the same, the ships are nicer on RCI, the food better on CCL, but it's a holiday, and any cruise is better than being in the office.

I'm also trying Princess, and so far I've noticed a real difference in the people who post on the Princess CC Board. They do have their cheerleaders too, but they're a little less in your face about it.

I cruise on almost every line and post on every board. Actually, my favorite cruises were on Costa but that was before Carnival bought them. I understand they have gone way down hill. I could never understand why the majority of people on each cruise line board are so defensive of the cruise line. However, I agree that this board is the worst when you say something negative about RCL.

Sorry, Dave... they may be divisions, but they are certainly not independent. Carnival, the parent corporation, makes all the important decisions. If it is shown (as seems to be the case) that the fire on the Princess ship was caused by a cigarette, you had better believe that...

1. Carnival would be sued

2. Carnival will implement changes to the smoking policy for all ships under their umbrella.

Carnival sets financial objectives but does not generally micromanage. For example, the head of Cunard reports to Princess these days.

Financially wise, Mom's friend, Jimmy Cramer, on his CNBC show tonight, talked briefly with Adam Goldstein. Mr. Goldstein, of course, spoke very positively about RCL. Cramer agreed. Previously, Cramer has favored CCL over RCL. Tonight he recanted and pointed to RCL as a better investment then CCL. GET OUT THERE!

Be careful believing everything you hear from investment people -their were investment people picking Enron right before the great failure - I enjoy sailing with both companies and have invested with them both as well.

Carnival - $47.63

Market Cap: 40.55B

P/E (ttm): 18.10

EPS (ttm): 2.63

Div & Yield: 1.00 (2.10%)

RCL - $42.77

Market Cap: 9.03B

P/E (ttm): 13.14

EPS (ttm): 3.26

Div & Yield: 0.60 (1.40%)

Now, I can't speak for NCL or the HAL or countless other boards, but the chief competition of RCI is CCL and Princess and they're secure enough in their own product that they don't feel the need to bash RCI or the people who choose to cruise on them. I think they consider the commonality of loving cruising more than the difference of what line it's on.

JMO YMMV

I'm prolly stirring the pot here, but...

There's a difference between being a cheerleader and a basher. There's nothing wrong with having a favorite line, and I have seen people on ALL the boards get defensive when their favorite line is trashed for no apparent reason. However, this board is just downright mean whenever the word "Carnival" is even mentioned. I fully plan on trying RCI someday, and if I happen to like it better, great. You won't find me on here "puking" and "passing out" at the thought of Carnival owning RCI, or calling Carnival cruisers a bunch of trashy hicks for preferring that "classless" line.

The beauty of different cruiselines is that there's something for everyone. Why does everyone have to be so mean against the lines they prefer not to cruise on?

For the record, just to stay on topic here, I wouldn't want to see Carnival owning RCI, anyway. Competition and free market and all that.

Financially wise, Mom's friend, Jimmy Cramer, on his CNBC show tonight, talked briefly with Adam Goldstein. Mr. Goldstein, of course, spoke very positively about RCL. Cramer agreed. Previously, Cramer has favored CCL over RCL. Tonight he recanted and pointed to RCL as a better investment then CCL. GET OUT THERE!

BOOYAH! :D

*I love that show*

@Terry: I don't believe everything I hear on TV, but generally Cramer does a great job.

@Carol/Nancy: Do you let your children read the boards? :eek:

You make very valid points.

Whats even more bothersome,is people who bash the line,without ever having sailed with them.

I have said this many times.I am not a Carnival basher or hater.I did not care for at all,any of the ones I have been on.Ecstasy,Celebration and Jubilee.Just not the ship design I prefer.

My comment about fainting although somewhat tongue in check,still holds true..

There are certain things about RCI that i love,and prefer.The C&A benefits ,the ship designs the consistency of their product and their service are the biggest.I would hate to see any other company take them over.I would sail Carnival...But don't want the companies combined.

Think about your alignment with the Aggies...Girl.I bleed burnt orange..(well,half burnt orange,half cowboy blue..of course more blue blood than orange happens more often,but thats another story :o )

We all have our favorite something.I mean I have even seen it come to blows on this board,about McDonald's v BK...

I agree completely that the bashing of an individual over their choice is completely wrong.I have never said RCI is better than Carnival,just one that I prefer more.What it is that lowers people to that I will never understand.

I was really hoping that the rumor about Carnivals Freedom coming to Galveston was true.I was all set to book the Group Cruise in April 07.

But we all know how that turned out:(

I posted a thread on the Carnival board,right after it was announced that Voyager was coming.

In a nut shell,I said that I was very disappointed over the Freedom not coming.I would have preferred a new ship over Voyager..But that maybe since RCI was taking the risk to put a popular ship here,maybe other cruise lines would follow,giving Galveston better choices...

OMG I was freaking crucified.I was called every thing from an imbecile,to stupid,to "special olympics"...

I was actually mortified by some of the comments.I mean...I was actually just saying I hoped Carnival would follow,and put some better choices here..But all they could see was that I liked RCI,and I was the enemy...It was pretty amazing..

I hope it works out that we are able to sail together someday...I am not giving up on Voyager...But if its true Emerald is coming here( although I really doubt it)...thats a real possibility!!

I'm prolly stirring the pot here, but...

There's a difference between being a cheerleader and a basher. There's nothing wrong with having a favorite line, and I have seen people on ALL the boards get defensive when their favorite line is trashed for no apparent reason. However, this board is just downright mean whenever the word "Carnival" is even mentioned. I fully plan on trying RCI someday, and if I happen to like it better, great. You won't find me on here "puking" and "passing out" at the thought of Carnival owning RCI, or calling Carnival cruisers a bunch of trashy hicks for preferring that "classless" line.

The beauty of different cruiselines is that there's something for everyone. Why does everyone have to be so mean against the lines they prefer not to cruise on?

For the record, just to stay on topic here, I wouldn't want to see Carnival owning RCI, anyway. Competition and free market and all that.

Okay, okay.... point taken :o .

I understand brand loyalty. My posts specifically were meant to get a laugh from the Royal Caribbean cruisers. Which is why it was posted here on the RCCl board. I would NEVER post something of this nature on the Carnival board. I have enough respect for other cruisers not to go to their forum and do that.

As for the "song"........ That was more of a poke at Kathy Lee and "that" ugggggh, commercial. That's just *my* creative humor. Enough said.

I have sailed Carnival (more than once), I have a past guest number, I have an informed point of view. I have witnessed many things that made me not want to sail again (for my own reasons). Would I sail Carnival in the future? In all seriousness, maybe.

For any Carnival loyalists who may have read and been honestly insulted by any jokes I made on this thread (on the Royal board), I respectfully apologize.

Respectfully,

Kenny

BTW, I also saw what happened with brn2crz when the thread started about the Freedom on the Carnival board. Guess "haters" exist on all of the forums.

There are bashers, loyalists and apologists on all the forums. Every line seems to have a hot button issue. I don't think anyone on this thread was being abusive, just having fun. Many of us cross sail. I am not offended about a snide dig at Cranival cruisers, it looks like we will be sailing them again soon. I also don't feel bad when I read them against RCI cruisers on other boards, yes, they are there.

Truthfully RCI and Carnival try to hit the same demigraphic and are both very close in average age and income from their fan base.

Only kidding, N! I too thought the food was ok on Princess.:)

Alan

Loyalist! :p

Seriously, some people, not you, get so loyal to a line I can envision them foaming at the mouth while they type. I never got that. I am loyal to an airline, but I have miles because one of my former employers was loyal and I traveled 75% of the time. I love RCI, but honestly a tote bag and free Johnny Rockets does not loyatly build.

Loyalist! :p

Seriously, some people, not you, get so loyal to a line I can envision them foaming at the mouth while they type. I never got that. I am loyal to an airline, but I have miles because one of my former employers was loyal and I traveled 75% of the time. I love RCI, but honestly a tote bag and free Johnny Rockets does not loyatly build.

I know what you mean. I quite like reading the defensive posts. It's almost as if the company is their baby. By the way I DO foam at the mouth while I type, but it's not anger, it's just a strange thing that's started to happen since I was bitten by a bat. ;)

Alan

I know what you mean. I quite like reading the defensive posts. It's almost as if the company is their baby. By the way I DO foam at the mouth while I type, but it's not anger, it's just a strange thing that's started to happen since I was bitten by a bat. ;)

Alan

I have a confession. I look for the posts with the angry face in the header. I'm so ashamed. There's something interesting about reading the rants.

As a relatively newbie cruiser (Costa last year, CCL this year) I am humored by the rabid brand loyalty extremists on both the RCCL and CCL boards. I have inlaws who are RCCL loyalists. For me it is just a Ford vs Chevy thing. There are obviously way more similarities than differences. As I peruse the offerings in preparation for next years excursion I will not count any brand out. For me it is all about getting the most bang for my buck. CCL, RCCL and NCL are targetted at the same demographic with Celibrity, HAL and Princess aiming a slight notch higher. I have one week I can go next spring, and will have a great time on whichever brand gets chosen.

Archived