Capt. Marvin vs. Capt. Bryan

snorkelmom2

I went ahead and booked with Capt Bryan. Now especially after reading the letter he sent to a passenger that complained about how he didnt feed the rays enough.

Stingray City is having a problem with over feeding the rays which is affecting their health and with the over handling of them. This is alarming.

Capt Bryan is very concientious of this problem. His letter was outstanding. He wants the rays to be around. But if things dont change with all the operators, there may not be a stingray city in the future.

shhh:cool: at least until after 7-18

Decided on Captain Bryan for August on the Imagination......... Does anyone have his website address ? I also see references to giving out credit card information. Do you have to pre pay ?

Thanks so much!:D

He asks for a 20% deposit charged to your credit card on his secure web site. The deposit is fully refunded if the ship can't make port due to inclement weather or if the operators cancel the trip due to bad weather.

The balance is paid at the time of the excursion in TC or cash.

His web site for SRC is: http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/StingrayCityCaptBryans.htm

Native Way Watersports do a tour of Stingray City, Turtle Farm, Tortuga Rum Factory, 7 Mile Beach and Governor's House and you'll go to Hell (and back)

I tried to book this trip for October but they were fully booked with a very large private party on the day our ship was in port.

Check it out at http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/shiptours.html

I made my reservation several weeks ago for Capt. B's. He said my credit card would not be charged anything until the trip.

Also...about the 5-year old. I have done a similar dolphin program when my son was three. I just held his back to my tummy and he got to enjoy everything we did. I would think you could do the same here.

Just got back they, Capt marvins, were great. Great boat great crew great transport to boat. Could not have had a greater experience

Glad to hear it! We're booked with Capt Marvin for our upcoming cruise. How many were on your boat? How much time did you spend with the rays? Was there a photographer or videographer on board?

We're also doing the add-on tour to the turtle farm and Hell. Did you happen to do that one as well? If so, how was it?

Again, glad you had such a great time!!

I would definitely recommend Captain Bryans. We paid $39 for the half day tour and had a blast. I was with 8 other women and we loved every minute of it. The tour guides were so nice and knew exactly what they were doing. They do their job well seven days a week. We went on a catamaran (sp?) with a total of eighteen people and felt like queens. the boat is big and they have water and juice for you. it was spacious and luxurious and the water was beautiful. they brought along a professional photographer who was very nice and cut us a deal as we were a group of 9 girls wanting all our photos. the sting ray city stop was awesome and donny the guide was SO patient with everyone and each group got equal attention and time with the stingrays. the second stop was to snorkel and it was BEAUTIFUL. donny the guide knows exactly what is out there since he goes there everyday and knows exactly what animals live where. he showed us a shark and a moray eel. we loved it it was great. i never felt scared because the guides know what they are doing. the third stop was another place to snorkel and the amount of fish was jaw-dropping. it was beautiful and donny our guide went out of his way to show us cool things in the water. we had a great time and for half the price of what the carnival excursion people paid, it was well worth it. we felt so lucky that all we had were raves when we got back on the boat as opposed to the people with carnival complaining about crowding and other downers. I would DEFINITELY recommend Captain Bryans. They were great and so caring and nice and easy to find right down the road.

My family was on the Captain Bryan 2 stop tour on 5/29 from the Inspiration, and it could not have been better. There was a total of twelve on board including the 5 of us. My DD's had a blast laying in the netting in the bow as we sailed(well, motor on the way there and sail up w/ motor on the way back).

No pressure and the two guides were very patient and helpful.

We got to the sandbar before it got crowded and were on our way to the snorkel stop after our fill of the stingrays. At the snorkel stop, we saw plenty of fish, plus a nurse shark and a Moray eel(scary).

The guide also made a quick stop on the way back when he saw large starfish and the kids were able to pose for pictures with them.

All in all it was a great time. I would go with them again and would highly recommend them to all.

We booked through his website @$35 pp

We've decided on the 3-stop and couldn't be more excited! I would love to hear from others about your other snorkel stops besides the stingrays. How difficult was the snorkeling (choppy water, etc)? What were the stops like? Also, did you guys take food aboard for lunch?

A group of us are also looking at this excursion. We will be on the Miracle on the 8/20 sailing.

Is there enough time to do the 3hrs and make it back to the ship? It looks like it gets you back around 1:45pm. Wouldn't that be 2:45pm ship time? What time is the last tender?

Thanks

Ed

Some of the above posts mention Capt Bryan and also the Buc, or Buccaneer. When I click on the website above, it only lists the 2 stop tours with Capt. Bryan, but there is another link for the Buccaneer. Is that also Capt Bryan, or is it someone else?? The Buc sounds like fun with the 3rd stop, and I like the timing better.

Also, I can't seem to find a link for Capt Marvin, anyone have it?

Thanks

Just wanting to clarify. Captain Marvins is different than Captain Bryan's Correct? Is it Captain Bryan's that everyone is having a great time. We are leaving on the Princess Crown next Wednesday and haven't booked anything yet. Should I be booking Captain Bryan's or Marvins??? Thanks:)

We went with Captain Marvin in Feb 04. There were only 8 of us on the boat along with 2 guides plus some one to do a video. Any one that wanted to got a chance to feed the stingrays. Two of the women in our group were non swimmers and the guides were very nice and helpful so they could enjoy the time with the stingrays. We did stop to snorkel as well and these ladies just stayed on board. We bought the DVD of our trip and it arrived about 2 weeks after we got home. I would go with them next time we are in Grand Cayman.

Some of the above posts mention Capt Bryan and also the Buc, or Buccaneer. When I click on the website above, it only lists the 2 stop tours with Capt. Bryan, but there is another link for the Buccaneer. Is that also Capt Bryan, or is it someone else?? The Buc sounds like fun with the 3rd stop, and I like the timing better.

Also, I can't seem to find a link for Capt Marvin, anyone have it?

Thanks

yes...the easiest thing to do is to email him at cbsrest@candw.ky

Let him know the date you are interested in and he will give you all of the options.

Snorklemom,

When are you sailing? We're on the 7/23 sailing of the Rhapsody.

sorry it took so long...haven't been on this thread in awhile. We are on the 7/9 sailing, so I should be able to give you a good review before your trip if the weather holds up.

Archived