water/baby formula

KJRottie

Since most ships make their tap water, I'd say that water is at least as clean as the water you get out of the tap at home. The water I've tasted out of the tap tastes fine, certainly WAY better than the tap water in Las Vegas.

We used room temperature bottled water to mix our DD's formula.

Although we used tap water at home, I didn't want to chance her little system possibly not agreeing with the water on the ship.

It probably would have been fine, but we didn"t really want to chance it. It wasn't worth it to us.

HTH

hi!

do a search on this forum, there was a pretty long tread recently about the same topic.

I personally bring powdered formula and us the hot water spicket on the lido deck and a few ice cubes to mix individual bottles as they are needed. This way you don't have to worry about keeping already mixed formula cold. I have also brought a case of bottled water on the ship with us to mix with the formula when you are in the room, or to take on shore excursions. We are sailing in 2 weeks (but who's counting :)) with our 3 kids, dd will be 11 months at the time and I think I may try bringing some of the individual 8oz sealed cans of formula with us too, just incase :)

have fun!

I plan on bringing some dawn dish liquid, and a new bottle brush. Gonna stop the sink up with a wrag I guess, or I'll find some kind of stopper.& Clean them that way. Thanks for everybodys input. Debbie

Carnival Destiny 04/30/06:D

I already have one of the gallon size ziplock bags packed with the baby's 'bottle supplies"- a new sponge, bottle brush, dish soap and a mesh bag with suction cup to dry them in (I read that idea somewhere on these boards so I can't take credit for it)- I bought the bag yesterday in the laundry section of Walmart- the kind with the zipper on it that you use to dry socks and other small items in in the dryer. Well since there isn't a lot of counterspace in the bathrooms I attached a suction cup to it and plan on putting all the bottle items in it when they are clean, zipping it shut, sticking it to the mirror over the sink and hanging them up to dry & keep everything together. :)

Archived