Where is Margaritaville and the hard rock?

ttg

Margaritaville is in Ocho Rios and is basically at the end of the dock, but you have to walk around some stores to get to it. You can locate it from the ship by looking for the water trampoline.

Note: we bought 3 tee shirts for $60. and the tax brought the bill to $71.Gotta love the tourists!

Becareful of all the drugs on Ocho Rios. Some kids on our cruise got caught buying drugs and were arrested by the locals.

I met someone, who with his wife was on the island for 2 hours and was approached 4 times to purchase drugs!

The Margaritaville in Grand Cayman is supposed to open in early May. I'm not even sure where it is going to be located, but when we were there for a week, last January, there was a lot of construction going on in a building right at pier.

And the Hard Rock is right near the port area. It's off to the right and the front faces the water. We ate on the second floor (maybe this is the non-smoking area?-I can't remember), and had a great view of the ships. I think the roof is red, but I am not sure. It's easy to spot. :)

Another fun restaurant is Breezes. It's also right across from the port. It's in a building that has "Landmark" on the top. We sat out on the balcony, and watched the cruisers line up for their tender rides. If you go to Breezes, in addition to their regular menu, they have a bar menu, but you have to ask for the bar menu. The bar menu has a few things that aren't on the regular menu, and it also has smaller portions.

We are planning to go to the 7 mile beach and then maybe hard rock cafe or margaritaville, but how far are the from the beach and the port?

Dude - SMB is a short Taxi ride from the downtown area where you will tender from the port. So, SMB is about 4-5 miles from the Hard Rock and soon to open Margaritaville. Cost me $5 a head, each way, to the beach and back.

We were there last week and saw the sign for the Margarittaville - It will be opening right across the street from where the tender drops you - great location for them! Wish it was open when we were there!

When you get off the tender, walk to your right and you will see Hard Rock a block away - you can see it from the ship. Its all right there.

I would catch a taxi to Sea Grape Beach! It's a little further up 7 Mile Beach, but just before the Marriott Courtyard. An endless stretch of powder white sand! A great little bar and grill and plenty of nice comfortable chairs! It's $5 each way by taxi, which isn't bad if you remember how much you paid in the states for a taxi from the airport to your hotel! Oh... get a mudslide and chicken quesidillas at Sea Grape Beach! Better and cheaper than anything at Hard Rock, but go there for a shirt! Jimmy Buffet's won't open for a couple more months, but check out the waterslide over the bar into their indoor pool! It's supposed to be really cool when it's done!

Hello,

It sounds like places to eat right off the tender drop-off, but what about shopping.

We are booked for Captain Marvin's for a morning excursion and then some what to do a beach for the afternoon before returning to the ship and others want to shop.

I'm suggesting Sea Grape Beach for the beach goers, and I'm assuming there will be shopping around Hard Rock and the tender area?

Is my assumption right? Any other suggestions?:)

Archived