Biggest ever one day sale !

b8tzm

When they say biggest ever do they mean since last one or until next one? Just got this, see below:

ONE DAY ONLY

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Past Guest Pre-sale Day, Wednesday April 26, 2006

FREE Upgrades!

Up to 8 categories!*

We booked Conquest for January couple weeks ago. We have been talking this weekend that we couldn't wait til then and have been "shopping" all weekend. I haven't recieved that email yet. Never hurts to call and see what they might offer I guess. If not good enough offer can always say no and keep looking. {:-)

I no longer get these emails. If you do not mind, what are the specifics. Such as are March 2007 included or only 2006??

Thanks for any help

As Tef said, Yawn, but here are the specifics you requested:

1-4V2QSF *Cruise rates are in U.S. dollars, per person and are based on category 4A. Fare code must be requested to receive promotion. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Combinable with supersaver rates only. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Rates are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Upgrades available in categories 4A-8I. Excludes categories 1A/7A/6E/9A/11/12. Best available stateroom upgrades available within like cabin categories (Interior to Interior, Oceanview to Oceanview and Balcony to Balcony). Oceanview upgrade NOT available on Carnival Spirit, Miracle or Legend. Balcony upgrade not available on Carnival Liberty Europe sailings. Eight category upgrade only available for balcony staterooms on Carnival Spirit, Carnival Legend or Carnival Miracle. Offer excludes all sailings on the Carnival Pride, Alaska and Hawaii. Also excludes all Paradise 4 day sailings through 09/18/06. Valid on new individual bookings made on April 26-27, 2006 for sailings through 03/31/07. Excludes all holidays. Other sail dates in range slightly higher. Blackout dates apply. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Credit for previous purchases is not permitted and guests who previously booked, cancelled and then rebooked during this period are not eligible. Request fare code CP1S. Ships' Registry: Panama & The Bahamas.

It's all just "upgrades" within a class. I suppose it's good if you prefer to be on a certain deck but for those of us who just want the lowest price possible and don't care if we're in the noisiest cabin on the whole fleet, it's not really a bargain at all.

~Katy

What makes this sale different from the sale with farecode dp7?

Marketing. Sales are designed to get new customers or get repeat customers to buy. "Biggest sale ever" doesn't really mean anything.

That said, I recieved a discount and an upgrade after purchase direct from Carnival. So there is more than one way to get a good deal.

Since I have been getting these email I have only seen two previous sales that I would consider any good. One was for a 200.00 onboard credit and the other was for a upgrades which went into other categories (IE OV to Balcony)

I have finally asked my PVP to stop sending them. Every single week they are coming out, and you end up with about 10 for each sale. It's ridiculous... you've done better than me and seen 2 that were any good... I have YET to see one that was better than the deal I had already gotten. And now, not only do we get bombarded by email every week on these sales, the CC boards are bombarded with threads on these sales. It's a vicious cycle :D

What makes this sale different from the sale with farecode dp7?

the free upgrades with this sale are based off of the super super rate and the CDP7 gives you the upgrades plus a discount off of the super super rates. Although the CDP7 is only give you 2 category upgrade and Thrusday's upgrade is a best avaiable (which can give up to 8 cateogory upgrade).

We booked on the Glory and booked

a Balcony Guaratee rate...

and were able to choose our room, so we got a

room on the Panarama deck (10)!!!

That was a $500 upgrade!!! ($250 a person)

I normally don't pay much attention to these

sales, but we were ready to book, so I gave it

a try.

So, if you are contemplating a cruise over the next

few days, check it out.

JB

We booked on the Glory and booked

a Balcony Guaratee rate...

and were able to choose our room, so we got a

room on the Panarama deck (10)!!!

That was a $500 upgrade!!! ($250 a person)

I normally don't pay much attention to these

sales, but we were ready to book, so I gave it

a try.

So, if you are contemplating a cruise over the next

few days, check it out.

JB

I did the same thing. Some friends and I had been talking about booking the Liberty 6 day in January 07, as we thought $699 for a balcony guarantee was a great deal. We were able to book it for that price and upgrade up to Panorama deck. We chose to upgrade to Lido deck instead, as we just went on the Valor last month and had Lido deck inside cabins and loved the location. So we decided to go ahead and pay the guarantee price and get us a cabin on the Lido deck!!

I have finally asked my PVP to stop sending them. Every single week they are coming out, and you end up with about 10 for each sale. It's ridiculous... you've done better than me and seen 2 that were any good... I have YET to see one that was better than the deal I had already gotten. And now, not only do we get bombarded by email every week on these sales, the CC boards are bombarded with threads on these sales. It's a vicious cycle :D

i was surprised that I was able to get 200.00 OBC. It was for Carnvial Loves New York Promotion

I checked my booking and saw a PNS promo code. What does that mean? Did I get a discount and dont even know it? :)

I am looking at the Conquest and noticed a DSO or DSC promo code worked for an upgrade.

Archived