Did I really get upgraded?

stugots

Thready...I thought it was hilarious...unfortunately true, but hilarious. So I'll look for this Deck 13...funny it doesn't show on my deck plans....

Go for it John and have a fabulous crossing. How can you miss...it's the QM2....I'll just suffer here for the next 7 months waiting! Say hello to 11059 for me when you pass it!! Cheers, Penny

Stugots, John and Beth,

I, too, felt a little guilty about straying so far off topic on your thread. However, it seems like you have a great sense of humor and have played right along with us. We would love to have you join us on Dec. 2. We are going to have a great cruise that week.

"Another" Beth

Sosumi Bar..have to put that one on my ever expanding "things not to miss on the QM2" list....now what deck is it on?

John, do come join us on Dec 2nd but tell you wife not to file the spurs...takes away from the moment!!

Filing them is a bit much. I am not that organzied.--Ooops! That was the last thread! I mean Organized! I usually just throw them on the dresser when we're... uh, I'm done with them. Does she file them alphabetically or by size?

Karie,

Who isn't apologizing at all with this thread! I just told Marc I may go by myself Dec 2, He said aren't we going sooner than that? He said I could probably find three other people to share a room with fairly cheap! Well, not if we're all wearing spurs! <G>

I've been "lurking" and have enjoyed the witty posts so much that I hesitate to bring the thread back to the original topic, but I'm curious. The July 8 crossing will be our first time aboard so I'm wondering how to get "upgraded". Is this something that Cunard offers to "frequent passengers" automatically or does the request have to be made by the passenger?

Just wondered because I've seen several posts in other threads happily announcing that they've been upgraded!

I suspect that , for the passenger, being upgraded is luck. For Cunard it will depend on things like how much space there is, why you're there, how often you've been before, who you know, etc. I don't think that there is any way to guarantee an upgrade, possibly your best chance would be to befriend an officer!

i called Cunard two months ago and advised them that I would be interested in an upgrade if it was on the starboard side so they said they put me in for a starboard side frequent cruiser upgrade.

i called Cunard a month ago and I was advised that I was stuck with my obstructed view cabin since my cruise is all booked up.

it is a toll free call at 1-800-7-CUNARD so it was worth a try. I had my confirmation code handy for both calls.

I surely hope the upgrade fairy visits us before we sail on Jan. 10.

We booked more than a year ago, for the complete World Cruise..surely that counts for something?

We were the second couple to book the complete cruise.

I'm certain that it counts for something. Hopefully, you'll get the cabin or suite of your dreams. Good luck and as you travel the world, remember the following very basic thing: Wherever you go, there you are! Threadi

Archived