Midnight Buffet?

beljwl

This will be my first criuse. I was wondering if HAL has midnight buffets every night? If so are they the same every night or do they change them up? We are on the May 13 sailing to Alaska. I can't wait. I am counting the minutes until we leave.

This will be my first criuse. I was wondering if HAL has midnight buffets every night? If so are they the same every night or do they change them up? We are on the May 13 sailing to Alaska. I can't wait. I am counting the minutes until we leave.

Hello beljwl,

Enjoy your first cruise experience with Holland America Line. We very much enjoy the ships, service and crew members onboard.

My wife and I have cruised on the Rotterdam two and three years ago and have seen and attended Pre Midnight (Late Night) Buffets in the past. They are generally held at approx. 1130PM for about an hour in the Lido Dining Area of the ship. One special night of each cruise there also is a Special Dessert display mainly of Chocolate based items, with cakes, pastries and fruit displays (no other food products ex. meat etc....).

The usual buffet will have a cold food area, diary area (ex. cheese's), hot food area, desserts, coffee & tea and even pizza & ice cream.

At that time of our past sailings, the evenings were listed in the daily program by cuisine theme - Asian, Southern, Mexican, Italian, German Evening etc...

I would say that the buffets at that time were pretty well attended and even had people hanging around early awaiting the opening. People do eat and also use the time for conversation before retiring. We have also seen many people attend the buffet when we are especially in port very late in the night either coming from tours or just returning onboard.

I am not sure what is served during a Alaska cruise.

I know that there is a posting in the last day or so about buffets and are they testing if they should be scaled down.

I know we will be boarding the Noordam in the fall and as early sitting passengers, a number of times we will go to the Lido and see and possibly test some items before retiring. I know others have mixed opinions about their attendance.

Hope this will assist you with your question.

Regards,

:) ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

Archived