Christmas on the Mediterrania

EssexWasp

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just booked Victor Bodden to drive us around Roatan for the day. We are doing the South Shore Canopy tour (zip line) and will take his recommendation for a good snorkel and beach location.

Still am not sure about the other ports. I want to hire a driver for Christmas day in Jamaica and wonder if everyone will still be working that day (?)

Anyone else have plans for ports?

• 3 weeks later...

1. sailing on x-mas- yes Santa does come.

We have been on 4 holiday cruises , I do always take a small gift

( international phone cards are very appreciated even in small denominations) Caroling and decorated to the hilt, so your daughter may never want to Christmas at home again.

2. Our last sailing to Jamaica was around Christmas of last year, have to say our experience was not great. We went on a tour of a "haunted" mansion and then shopping. The tour itself was fine but the shopping after was not great- the most aggressive and hostile sales hawking ever.Almost to the point of being scary.

I just booked Victor Bodden to drive us around Roatan for the day. We are doing the South Shore Canopy tour (zip line) and will take his recommendation for a good snorkel and beach location.

Still am not sure about the other ports. I want to hire a driver for Christmas day in Jamaica and wonder if everyone will still be working that day (?)

Anyone else have plans for ports?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys -

Three Weeks from today, we will be in Jamaica!

Anyone else excited?

I received my Docs over thanksgiving (that's what happens when your mom is your travel agent - you get special delivery Thanksgiving Day ;) ) - and are going to be registering online in a couple of days. But first...

We have to find my husband's passport.

We moved, and somehow the passport got misplaced in the move. He does have his birth certificate and passport, which is okay for this cruise, but I would still really like to find his passport so we don't have to pay to replace it.

Anyway - we will all be seeing each other on board soon!

Sophiecruiser - sorry for the delay...reality interfered! It's been a LONG time since I was 20 yrs old, but I'll bet that your daughter will want to start a NEW tradition. We call it Christmas on the Beach. We take silly hats/headbands (snowflake, reindeer antlers, santa hats) and find someone to take pictures w/ palm trees and ocean in the background. Our family does it every couple years and planning is part of the fun. We all have room service for breakfast Christmas morning and the kids all get gifts. For us, the entire week seems like Christmas and we couldn't be more thankful to be together. Now it is getting close...I'm ready to go NOW!

See you then! BTW - how will we all meet when on ship?

Lisa in IL

Did everyone hear that we are docking in Montego Bay and not Ocho Rios?

Please be advised that due to the unavailability of a berth on December 25th, 2006, the Costa Mediterranea will not be able to dock in

Ocho Rios, Jamaica but will dock in Montego Bay, Jamaica instead.

Times in port: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I sure am glad I dragged my feet on booking a driver to Dunns River Falls! I understand that Dunns River Falls is 2 hours away from Montego Bay. Our group of 7 have decided to go to Mayfield Falls instead.

Sophie

I did not know - I'll have to yell at my travel agent. ;)

I have no idea what we're going to do yet in Jamaica. I'm not that worried about it. To be totally honest, i'm so stressed going into this cruise that staying on the ship has a certain amount of appeal to me. ;)

We did a last minute passport replacement for my husband -- we moved and somehow his passport was lost in the move. I know that right now you can still sail on a birth certificate and drivers license, but I honestly didn't want to deal with that. We are expecting to get his passport by this Friday, according to the website. THAT was stressful. :)

Hi Everyone,

I just booked this cruise for my Mom and I. We've been on lots of cruises before but this is my first time on Costa. Our favorite line so far is Celebrity but we also enjoy Carnival. Anyhow, I'm celebrating my 40th birthday on this trip ... single fun eDumaCated guy (ladies?). Mom is older but acts younger!

Does anyone know if anything will be open in port on Christmas day. I think we're in Grand Cayman. I doubt the string rays get a day off.

We'll be driving down from ATL .. seems hotels are gonna cost more that the cruise itself!

If anyone has any questions in general about cruising feel free to ask away.

Looking forward to great holiday get away.

Kevin and Patti

Archived