Free Stuff on Board

shergar1

Sometimes Carnival will leave me trays of half eaten food in addition to the books, magazines, sunglasses, lotion, towels, t-shirts, deck shoes, swim bags,small children, and cocktails. Thanks Carnival! You're the BEST ;)

I think if you see someone get up from their lounge chair & leave their stuff there, you need to check the backs of their legs for those oh-so-lovely lines lounge chairs tend to leave. Then, if you see that person an hour or more later, in another location and the lines are gone...run! Grab that lounge!!!! (and all the free stuff they obvoiusly wanted you to have...:p ) :D :eek:

No, I actually did wait(as I used the chairs, not save them). Only one couple asked If I had seen there stuff.I politely told them that I had been here for hours and most likely a Carnival employee had moved the stuff.I sent them in the direction of the purser for further info.They thanked me and I went back to sleep on their towel.:D :D

You bad...bad... girl!!!!:p I am also a member of the "Removal of someone elses stuff" club.;) I found a great Danielle Steel noval.( DO not even like her stuff, but hey I was feeling romantic on a vacation) I read it and put it in the library.

Hee, hee, hee! Too funny! I don't even use the lounge chairs by the pool. If I had known all that free stuff was just sitting there for hours, I'd have been watching more carefully. Will have to remember this for my Miracle cruise. :D

No, I actually did wait(as I used the chairs, not save them). Only one couple asked If I had seen there stuff.I politely told them that I had been here for hours and most likely a Carnival employee had moved the stuff.I sent them in the direction of the purser for further info.They thanked me and I went back to sleep on their towel.:D :D

LOL I love it!:D

I would be the dork walking around looking for a empty chair, AAHHH, this changes everything!! I'll be setting my watch for the best chair.You guys say 30 minutes,huh?!?:p Maybe I'll even get a free magazine,too.....:cool:

We do this all the time when we lose a Carnival towel. There are plenty more on the chairs to grab. Never have been charged for a missing towel doing it this way. One time we turned in two more towels than we were assigned!

Ok funny but now the other side of it. I "SAT" in my chair all morning. ( I am a beach bum) left to pick up my son from Camp Carnival ( required closing, noonish as I recall ) , came back after quickly picking up his bathing suit in our cabin and someone had taken my chair. I was gone maybe 20 minutes tops. The woman was like a fishwife. She actually was nasty. I obviously walked away, not something I want my then 4yr old to see. SO, if you are going to take a chair away from a chair hog please make sure they are one. I can only assume her time frame was 5 minutes to wait. People have problems sometimes they take a few more minutes. I agree Chair Hogs are a problem but....:o

OK, now this I do have a problem with. They obviously did come back to claim their stuff (and chair.) How long had you been in the chair when they showed up? And, no matter how politely you might say a lie, it's still a lie. You should have coughed up their towel and stuff and informed them of Carnival's "no chair saving" rule. That way, they maybe won't do it in the future.

If I move someone's stuff (or continue to use it as my own, as you did) I will certainly give it back to them or let them know where I moved it to. Now, if I move it to another chair and someone else claims it, well ... that's just their bad luck then and I'd still let them know that Carnival doesn't allow chair saving so there really isn't anything they could do to reclaim the stuff unless it shows up in Lost and Found. And, again, maybe if you tell them *why* you moved their stuff, they will get the idea and no do it again.

Undrhil

Perhaps we should complain to Carnival....

Dear Sirs

The quality of the merchandise left for us on the deck chairs has declined of late. The Rolex watch I got in one chair turned out ot be a fake. And the towel my wife picked up was used and the paperback book had been read more than once.

We believe that by increasing the quality of the free merchandise put on Deck Chairs for our enjoyment should be looked into.

Concerned Cruiser.

OK, now this I do have a problem with. They obviously did come back to claim their stuff (and chair.) How long had you been in the chair when they showed up? And, no matter how politely you might say a lie, it's still a lie. You should have coughed up their towel and stuff and informed them of Carnival's "no chair saving" rule. That way, they maybe won't do it in the future.

If I move someone's stuff (or continue to use it as my own, as you did) I will certainly give it back to them or let them know where I moved it to. Now, if I move it to another chair and someone else claims it, well ... that's just their bad luck then and I'd still let them know that Carnival doesn't allow chair saving so there really isn't anything they could do to reclaim the stuff unless it shows up in Lost and Found. And, again, maybe if you tell them *why* you moved their stuff, they will get the idea and no do it again.

Undrhil

When I was going for breakfast at 7am and "their'' chairs were being held by a towel and suntan lotion, that was ok.When I returned after breakfast and going to my room at 8am, it was still being saved. They bothered me at 12.30pm to look for their stuff.I think at that point I had used all their SP 30 and down graded to my own SP15 for the afternoon.

If you really think I was even concerned at that point about where their stuff was, you are mistaken.how dare they think they can hog a chair for hours without using it.If Carnival choose to ignore it , then fine I will gladly handle it my way.It worked, I had a chair(and lotion, towel)

As for not telling them, if they are that ignorant/rude/inconsiderate/selfish to think it's ok, whats the point.

What cruise are you on next, I'll keep an eye out for your lotion

If you leave the pool area for any other than to get a cocktail at the bar by the pool... or to use a restroom by the pool... or swim in the pool or spa... then you should give up your chair.

Going to get lunch, or going back to your cabin, or to get little jimmy out of camp carnival are not valid reasons for saving a chair.

If you leave the pool area... and you don't have a live person sitting next to your chair while you are gone... then pack up your stuff and take it with you.

If you don't, you deserve to lose your stuff to lost and found... or the pool deck... :eek:

While I find it very humorous that some folks may snag other's chair saving goods... I would not take someone elses things. But I would also never leave anything out that I didn't want stollen... :rolleyes:

If you leave the pool area... and you don't have a live person sitting next to your chair while you are gone... then pack up your stuff and take it with you.
Agreed 100%. And I'd like to add that "a live person sitting next to your chair" should not mean, "a live person sitting in the row in which your chair is located, who is holding fifteen chairs for you and everyone else in your party and will be doing so for the next six hours whether said party members return or not."

In short, chairs should be there for people to use on a temporary basis while they are physically in the pool area. Period. How people can justify holding a chair for the entire day when they only intend to use it occasionally is beyond me.

How about this...so that others know whether or not your stuff has been sitting on a chair all day or not, bring with you one of those little flat clock thingies that you see on the door of some small shops that say "Be back at:" . Then you note what time it is currently and move the hands to one half hour hence. (ex. it's 2pm now, move the hands to 2:30pm).:D

195586_sk_md.jpg

Archived