Free Stuff on Board

shergar1

195586_sk_md.jpg

Also took three of these from local stores who didn't return at said time.Maybe I am just a klepo, kleptoma, kliptomanic.....thief

Ok that is funny. I've never taken a sign, but I've written quite a few notes. You should try that next time your tempted to steal something. Carry a pack of post-its and you can vent your anger that way! I leave post-its on car windows of improperly parked cars (taking up two spaces), with a diagram of a car parked between two lines. Above the picture I write "Parking for Dummies".

I'm just trying to keep you out of jail here!

In short, chairs should be there for people to use on a temporary basis while they are physically in the pool area. Period. How people can justify holding a chair for the entire day when they only intend to use it occasionally is beyond me.

Well stated! If you sat in a certain place in a restaurant at lunch, and were coming back for dinner, you wouldn't expect to be able to hold your seat empty just to be sure you get it back so why is it any different at a pool??? If you're swimming or went to the bathroom or up to the bar, makes sense to 'save' your seat. However, if you leave the pool area, you relinquish your seat and someone else gets a chance. What happened to sharing and taking turns???

How about this...so that others know whether or not your stuff has been sitting on a chair all day or not, bring with you one of those little flat clock thingies that you see on the door of some small shops that say "Be back at:" . Then you note what time it is currently and move the hands to one half hour hence. (ex. it's 2pm now, move the hands to 2:30pm).:D

195586_sk_md.jpg

Might be a good idea...but the skeptic in me suspects there will be troublemakers who will come by and change the return time to an earlier one, thus falsely indicating that the chair's absent occupant is tardy in returning to his chair. :rolleyes:

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love this thread. You know, I will have to watch for the freebies. What do you do? Grab a chair elsewhere and just watch and wait for the "good seats" to come available? OOH, freebies. LOVE freebies!

Ok that is funny. I've never taken a sign, but I've written quite a few notes. You should try that next time your tempted to steal something. Carry a pack of post-its and you can vent your anger that way! I leave post-its on car windows of improperly parked cars (taking up two spaces), with a diagram of a car parked between two lines. Above the picture I write "Parking for Dummies".

I'm just trying to keep you out of jail here!

I usually just leave a note that says "Learn how to park!" I'm going to have to try this one instead.

I have little pictures of Mickey Mouse flipping the middle finger saying "Next time leave me a f*cking can opener so I can get my car out!"

I've never had the nerve to use them!

Walt is rolling over in his cryogenic chamber!

LOL ;)

I tried those at home Coolest wife, to return stuff that belonged to my neighbors.

The catapult didn’t work as well, I didn’t get enough height and the cat just went spat on the fence, the trebuchet however got enough height to send the cat well over the fence

I tried those at home Coolest wife, to return stuff that belonged to my neighbors.

The catapult didn’t work as well, I didn’t get enough height and the cat just went spat on the fence, the trebuchet however got enough height to send the cat well over the fence

hmmmm...possibly you should use a board balanced on a round or cylindrical object next time.....I saw that on a history channel docu-drama once.....

oh no, wait....it was Tom & Jerry.....:p

Wow! I feel better now that I know I can get free stuff! I never seem to get OBC or upgrades or discounts.... But free stuff on deck chars... now I'm excited.

For those who are not as entertained by this thread as I am, I would not actually take others belongings, but I would move them. :)

KC

PS. I enjoyed my first cruise last spring tremendously, and I hope that I do not allow the lack of a deck chair to ruin my trip.

Ok guys I have to tell you this one. This couple who were sitting next to us last year were very annoying, you know the ones who make out, and the people across the pool can see their tounges. So they get up, and ask my husband and I if we can save their chairs so they can go and have another type of "Meal." Then when they get back like five minutes later :eek: , the guy sits down, and repoistions himslef, and his towel goes OVERBOARD! That is what you get for being obnoxiuos. Sorry, a bit off topic but, thought I would share.

If you leave the pool area... and you don't have a live person sitting next to your chair while you are gone... then pack up your stuff and take it with you.

Thats what my husbands for. Sit!- Stay! Good boy......;)

"Then when I get back, fetch me a drink, now go!!"

OK, now this I do have a problem with. They obviously did come back to claim their stuff (and chair.) How long had you been in the chair when they showed up? And, no matter how politely you might say a lie, it's still a lie. You should have coughed up their towel and stuff and informed them of Carnival's "no chair saving" rule. That way, they maybe won't do it in the future.

If I move someone's stuff (or continue to use it as my own, as you did) I will certainly give it back to them or let them know where I moved it to. Now, if I move it to another chair and someone else claims it, well ... that's just their bad luck then and I'd still let them know that Carnival doesn't allow chair saving so there really isn't anything they could do to reclaim the stuff unless it shows up in Lost and Found. And, again, maybe if you tell them *why* you moved their stuff, they will get the idea and no do it again.

Undrhil

When I was going for breakfast at 7am and "their'' chairs were being held by a towel and suntan lotion, that was ok.When I returned after breakfast and going to my room at 8am, it was still being saved. They bothered me at 12.30pm to look for their stuff.I think at that point I had used all their SP 30 and down graded to my own SP15 for the afternoon.

If you really think I was even concerned at that point about where their stuff was, you are mistaken.how dare they think they can hog a chair for hours without using it.If Carnival choose to ignore it , then fine I will gladly handle it my way.It worked, I had a chair(and lotion, towel)

As for not telling them, if they are that ignorant/rude/inconsiderate/selfish to think it's ok, whats the point.

What cruise are you on next, I'll keep an eye out for your lotion

I am not condoning chair-saving. Far from it. I am also not condoning taking someone else's towel, book, lotion, etc. I mean, you have *no idea* who they are. Think about it from a hygenic point of view. Do you really know what they were doing with that towel before they brought it on deck? And are you *sure* that they have sun-tan lotion (or sun block) in the lotion bottle they left in the chair? Well, if it's a book, there isn't too much they could have done to it, but you never know these days.

I will not save a chair. I rarely use one. If I am on the pool deck, I am either trying to swim or I am looking at all the girls who are wearing the skimpiest bikinis they could find. In the event that I have to sit down ... well, I usually go to one of the lounges where there are plenty of seats since everyone is out on deck. :) Assuming I cannot find a seat in a lounge, I will go out on deck because if the lounges are all full, there can't be too many people on deck. It's simple mathematics and physics. :) And I can usually find a chair without any problems and without moving stuff off of one.

In fact, on my cruise on the Sensation in 2003, someone actually came up and asked me if I would save a couple of seats for their party. I looked up and asked them what they would pay me to do that. They scoffed and walked away. I guess they wanted me to work for free. :) I don't do that either. ;)

Undrhil

Well, to be honest, we never have ran into any problems with chair saving, or the "luck" of finding any "free stuff" when we choose to sun on the Funnel Deck. Even though "free stuff" would be nice, I hope the current state of the F-Deck continues as is, in all it's glory. Plenty of chairs...(and a few other things)...to go around. ;) :D

Well I am on the Sept 30, Triumph Cruise and since I wear regular glasses ... I am hoping I find a nice pair of clip-on sunglasses. Also I have enuff towels and lotion, but some new CD's would be nice. A nice blonde or brunette would really make my day too.... :D

Archived