Free Stuff on Board

shergar1

No, I actually did wait(as I used the chairs, not save them). Only one couple asked If I had seen there stuff.I politely told them that I had been here for hours and most likely a Carnival employee had moved the stuff.I sent them in the direction of the purser for further info.They thanked me and I went back to sleep on their towel.:D :D

OMG, this is great......

Thanks for the great tip. I'm looking forward to checking out the availability of free stuff on my upcoming cruise on the Miracle. I may not even pack lotion and sun glasses so I can bring more shoes.

LOL!!!!!!!!

I was on the Pride last week - yes spring break - and we stayed mostly on the Lido - Adult only pool deck. Did not have much trouble with finding chairs. Although one time we found four empty chairs together, sat down and within minutes a man came up to me and said "Is that Your Towel?". I said yes - that all four chairs were empty when we came by - he stood there for a few seconds looking at me like he wanted to confront me then walked way. We all laughed because what I said was true, but I thought - who would say "No - you're right - I'm using your towel - here - have it back?" :rolleyes:

Ah, now there is something I would like to find in a chair... a nice blonde would be perfect! And I would not take her to lost and found either!! :cool:

What do you call a smart blonde?

A Golden Retriever.....:p

(don't get mad...I'm blonde)

I only know one blonde joke that can even come close to being told in "mixed" company.......

What do you call a blonde with a runny nose?

FULL!!! ;) :D

Now back to the topic at hand. If I understand this new policy of Carnival offering free stuff up on deck, it sounds like I can forget about my run to Wal-Mart for a new set of matching towels, and just wait until our next cruise so that I can collect a matching set of Carnival towels. Oh that sounds like so much fun. I can't wait.

I am new to this so I might muck-up.

Can you image where those towels have wiped and you took them with you. Wow. Anyway I think people should not hot the chairs. I am going on Freedon June 18, 2006, I do not think I will get any free stuff. Free Ben and Jerry ice cream would be nice:)

I am new to this so I might muck-up.

Can you image where those towels have wiped and you took them with you. Wow. Anyway I think people should not hot the chairs. I am going on Freedon June 18, 2006, I do not think I will get any free stuff. Free Ben and Jerry ice cream would be nice:)

It is no biggie. Just leave them out in your stateroom and your Steward will leave you some nice clean ones. :D

Here is another free stuff tip:

Hang around any open deck just before muster. When the muster drill starts hang back a little bit as everyone else heads off.

Pick up as many souvineer glasses as you can carry. (on the first day, most newbies don't realize they paid for them and just leave them). ;)

...Here is another free stuff tip:

Hang around any open deck just before muster. When the muster drill starts hang back a little bit as everyone else heads off.

Pick up as many souvineer glasses as you can carry. (on the first day, most newbies don't realize they paid for them and just leave them). ;)

SCORE!!!!

:D :D

Can you image where those towels have wiped and you took them with you. Wow.

But that's the beautiful part of Carnival's new free stuff policy. When you take your new free towels back to your cabin, just leave them on the bathroom floor and when you get back from dinner, your cabin steward will have replaced them with fresh clean ones. They really are so thoughtful.

EDIT

Oops. Looks like duck beat me to the punch. Good one Quick Draw. :p ;) :D

wait a second here......i'm guessing this is a sarcastic thread. you didn't REALLY steal other peoples stuff on the boat did you? why would you take/move another persons stuff? How do you know they were saving the chair all day and not using it?! What if they were getting up to go to the bathroom? getting up to go get lunch and come back? getting up to talk to a friend? getting up to get a drink? or how about using the waterslide or swimming in a pool or relaxing in the hot tub for 15 min only to come back and lay out and use thier chair? are you telling me that you cannot even save a chair for 15 min to go swimming and come back? if you come upon a chair with stuff on it HOW do you know it's been there 3 minutes or 3 hours?! - perhaps i'm missing something here, someone please elaborate...

i do not lay out on the deck all day, i spend half my time laying out, half of it in the pools, approx every 30 min to 1 hour switch. i will not hog a chair for 2 hours or more.

whats the problem here.

also...

Now i have a warning for you or anyone else who wants to be cute, if you take my personal belongings on my cruise, you've got another thing coming to ya buddy.

wait a second here......i'm guessing this is a sarcastic thread. you didn't REALLY steal other peoples stuff on the boat did you? why would you take/move another persons stuff? How do you know they were saving the chair all day and not using it?! What if they were getting up to go to the bathroom? getting up to go get lunch and come back? getting up to talk to a friend? getting up to get a drink? or how about using the waterslide or swimming in a pool or relaxing in the hot tub for 15 min only to come back and lay out and use thier chair? are you telling me that you cannot even save a chair for 15 min to go swimming and come back? if you come upon a chair with stuff on it HOW do you know it's been there 3 minutes or 3 hours?! - perhaps i'm missing something here, someone please elaborate...

i do not lay out on the deck all day, i spend half my time laying out, half of it in the pools, approx every 30 min to 1 hour switch. i will not hog a chair for 2 hours or more.

whats the problem here.

also...

Now i have a warning for you or anyone else who wants to be cute, if you take my personal belongings on my cruise, you've got another thing coming to ya buddy.

Please read the thread from the beginning.

In your case then.... we will just auction off your stuff and give it to charity at the next port... :D

You do have some nice stuff with you... don't you???? ;)

(And I will settle for a blonde or a brunette... no redheads please... they get too crispy if left in the sun too long...)

OMG I have seen this thread on the first page for about a week now & never opened it because,"everyone knows there is no free stuff, it's all been figured into the price of your cruise". Just goes to show that you can't judge a book,(or in this case the heading of a thread), by its cover!!!

Thanks for a great Saturday morning read :D !!!

i read the entire 5 pages thank you very much, then posted.

Maybe a course in reading comprehension would do the trick?

Quotes from the first 5 pages:

Not sure why they sell towels and then leave them on the chairs for hours unattended.

They should feel stupid losing their things because they left them unattended for hours.

I would say anything left for over an hour should be fair game.

I think 30 minutes is more than fair. Any longer than that and I think their seat is fair game.

If you leave the pool area... and you don't have a live person sitting next to your chair while you are gone... then pack up your stuff and take it with you.

In short, chairs should be there for people to use on a temporary basis while they are physically in the pool area. Period. How people can justify holding a chair for the entire day when they only intend to use it occasionally is beyond me.

If you're swimming or went to the bathroom or up to the bar, makes sense to 'save' your seat. However, if you leave the pool area, you relinquish your seat and someone else gets a chance.

Maybe a course in reading comprehension would do the trick?

Quotes from the first 5 pages:

Not sure why they sell towels and then leave them on the chairs for hours unattended.

They should feel stupid losing their things because they left them unattended for hours.

I would say anything left for over an hour should be fair game.

I think 30 minutes is more than fair. Any longer than that and I think their seat is fair game.

If you leave the pool area... and you don't have a live person sitting next to your chair while you are gone... then pack up your stuff and take it with you.

In short, chairs should be there for people to use on a temporary basis while they are physically in the pool area. Period. How people can justify holding a chair for the entire day when they only intend to use it occasionally is beyond me.

If you're swimming or went to the bathroom or up to the bar, makes sense to 'save' your seat. However, if you leave the pool area, you relinquish your seat and someone else gets a chance.

Well put Suzy. I just hadn't had enough coffee to deal with him yet.:D

i am not a chair hog by any means but what you are telling me by this thread is that if i am laying out for and hour, and decide to sit in the hot tub for 45 i have to pack up all my stuff and take it with me next to the hot tub, then when i am finished with sitting in the hot tub, i have to get out and hunt again for a new chair?

it is unreasonable to save a chair for hours on end, however it is ALSO unreasonable to swoop in instantly when someone gets up even for a minute, move thier crap and steal thier chair.

again, i spend about an hour laying out, then an hour in the pool, so from 10am-4pm thats 3 rounds, i should not be deamed a chair hog by any means, and should not be expected to spend 15 minutes hunting for another spot to lay out again.

following your logic, anytime anything is on an unattended chair, feel free to move it and sit? the chair hogs do not have compassion however my friend i feel this act of stealing other peoples stuff and or moving it without having any idea how long they've been gone is just as mean.

i am not a chair hog by any means but what you are telling me by this thread is that if i am laying out for and hour, and decide to sit in the hot tub for 45 i have to pack up all my stuff and take it with me next to the hot tub, then when i am finished with sitting in the hot tub, i have to get out and hunt again for a new chair?

it is unreasonable to save a chair for hours on end, however it is ALSO unreasonable to swoop in instantly when someone gets up even for a minute, move thier crap and steal thier chair.

again, i spend about an hour laying out, then an hour in the pool, so from 10am-4pm thats 3 rounds, i should not be deamed a chair hog by any means, and should not be expected to spend 15 minutes hunting for another spot to lay out again.

following your logic, anytime anything is on an unattended chair, feel free to move it and sit? the chair hogs do not have compassion however my friend i feel this act of stealing other peoples stuff and or moving it without having any idea how long they've been gone is just as mean.

If you are not using your chair for more than 30 minutes, I'll consider it vacant. Read the time limits on the hot tubs... what are you doing in there for 45 minutes???? :confused: And I've never seen anyone, other than very young kids, spend much time in the tiny itty bitty pools... so you are definitely a rarity. If you are away from your chair for an hour... most will consider it vacant. Tell someone beside you that you are going to be in the pool, pruning up for an hour.

No, if you follow the logic in this thread :rolleyes: If a chair is unattended for a long period of time, I'm going to move the stuff, and Carnival will back me on it... there are signs everywhere that will back me on it. You may consider it mean... sorry :o Chairs are at a premium, if you are going to use one, use it... otherwise, allow someone that wants to actually use it, the opportunity.

And I don't think anyone was actually stealing others items... i think some things were said to be funny, but mostly, we are putting it off the chair or turning it into Security. It's REAL easy to tell how long someone has been gone... it's called observation :D

Quite simply: yes, you do -- if the hot tub is not near that chair. Intent to ultimately return does not signify ownership. You can share with the rest of us.

If you're gone from the chair for an extended period of time, you most certainly should hunt for a new one, just as the rest of us would have to. Chairs are to sit or lay in, not to store your stuff while you're off doing something else. If you need a shelf on which to keep your belongings, there is one in your stateroom. You can keep your stuff there for the entire cruise if you wish! :D

Did you really read the thread?

To restate, yet again: after a reasonable amount of time, a chair could be considered abandoned, and the stuff on it could legitimately be moved. If you left your stuff on a chair for 45 minutes and did not return to said chair, I would think that you were not using your chair, and I would either move your stuff or turn it in to lost and found. I would not walk up to it and immediately claim it, but if I were sitting on the concrete next to your chair and noticed that it remained unoccupied for an extended period of time, I would probably sit in the chair. I believe that is fair.

If you want a chair on a deck all to yourself, that no one else will sit on all day long...i have a secret for you...

get a room with a balcony!!! they come with chairs, and i promise your stuff will never get stolen

don't mistake me for a snob, i'm much too cheap to pay for a balcony room, but if having a chair all to yourself is that important, i think it's well worth the upgrade.

Archived