Free Stuff on Board

shergar1

If you want a chair on a deck all to yourself, that no one else will sit on all day long...i have a secret for you...

get a room with a balcony!!! they come with chairs, and i promise your stuff will never get stolen

don't mistake me for a snob, i'm much too cheap to pay for a balcony room, but if having a chair all to yourself is that important, i think it's well worth the upgrade.

Yeah....big applause and a big welcome to a newcomer...

also...

Now i have a warning for you or anyone else who wants to be cute, if you take my personal belongings on my cruise, you've got another thing coming to ya buddy.

Better be careful who you throw-down on around here. There's plenty who would be willing to accomodate you. My cruises are listed below.

i am not a chair hog by any means

Yes, apparently you are.

but what you are telling me by this thread is that if i am laying out for and hour, and decide to sit in the hot tub for 45 i have to pack up all my stuff and take it with me next to the hot tub, then when i am finished with sitting in the hot tub, i have to get out and hunt again for a new chair?

Bingo!

i spend about an hour laying out, then an hour in the pool, so from 10am-4pm thats 3 rounds, i should not be deamed a chair hog by any means, and should not be expected to spend 15 minutes hunting for another spot to lay out again.

It's a chair! It's for a person to sit on! It's not a storage locker! If you're in the pool for an hour, why shouldn't someone who wants to sit be able to use that chair?

i feel this act of stealing other peoples stuff and or moving it without having any idea how long they've been gone is just as mean.

I agree that it's wrong to move someone's stuff if you don't know how long they've been gone, but if you've seen a chair full of stuff that no one has come to for 45 min. or more, you certainly have the right to move the stuff and use the chair.

wow, i did not know that on carnival cruises chairs were such a contested matter.

it seams like its war, and all's fair love and war as they say...such a shame. I guess i'll have to play the game...

i guess this is where the gray area is...my definition of 'extended period of time' is over 1 hour, some other peoples definition of 'extended period of time' is 30 minutes, so at the 45 minute mark, if i come back, the person in my seat think's they are correct following their rules, and i think i am correct following my rules...

again i find it hard to know how you can tell how long a person is gone without watching that particular chair for atleast 30 minutes. and who wants to do that?

i do NOT hog chairs and do not want to be deemed as hogging a chair just because i am swimming, but if you say i am, i guess i am, in your eyes that is...

i did not know there was such fuming disdain for saving chairs, i saw people save chairs all day on the Magica, but would never move someone's stuff unless there was absolutely zero chairs left, i guess this is the difference between costa and carnival...

i'll be sure to set my alarm on my watch and not be away from my chair for more than 30 minutes, since 30 minutes seams to be the consensus on carnival. and if i return in 25 minutes and someone has taken my spot...i guess i should expect them to move because they did not wait the entire 30 minutes. there's that gray area again....

again i did not know that chair saving was so irritating to people...rude yes, but i've always heard that two wrongs dont make a right!

I think what I originally said was that it was hours before someone came to claim the chair.What is most annoying is the people who "save" a chair at 6am for them to sit on at noon.

I am sorry for getting everyone up in arms, I won't steal towels again.I have upgraded to siphoning gas from everyones car.

i ... would never move someone's stuff unless there was absolutely zero chairs left, i guess this is the difference between costa and carnival...

I assumed that was a given. I've heard that chairs are in short supply on some Carnival ships. It's rude to move someone's stuff if there are empty chairs available. Of course I would take an empty chair before moving someone's stuff.

I am new to this so I might muck-up.

Can you image where those towels have wiped and you took them with you. Wow. Anyway I think people should not hot the chairs. I am going on Freedon June 18, 2006, I do not think I will get any free stuff. Free Ben and Jerry ice cream would be nice:)

Mofred....

Come join our roll call. The link is in my signature!

***EDITED***

WAIT....NEVER MIND. I was thinking you meant RCCL's Freedom of the Seas. You mean you are on Carnival's Freedom, eh? Sorry...I forgot which message board I was on!

If you take someone's stuff from a chair and keep it, then you are a thief. If they ask if you have seen their stuff and you say no, then you are a liar. What elss do you steal - purses and wallets? You should be thrown of the ship

(I apologize for him... he is Canadian and knows not what he says.... ps cruisinone ... remember the Liberal government... they stole all the time... and called it a government contract)

Besides... finders keepers ... losers weepers... :D

Can someone post a link to the policy that states no saving chairs? I want to download it and then print off copies before the cruise and take them with me... anyone hogging a chair on the first day... i will just leave a copy of the policy on their chair... one warning is all they get... then its deal or no deal with their stuff...

I only read the first page of comments to you but how come I am the only one that thinks it is wrong that you took others things? I also think it is not right that people save chairs/mark their spots, etc, and then leave them that way for hours, HOWEVER....to take their things/Carnival towels??? I was on a cruise in Mar 06 and it was hard to find chairs but I would have never taken anyones things, never could I have done something like that. I hope you were joking about taking the 6-8 towels, sun lotion and glasses.

I only read the first page of comments to you but how come I am the only one that thinks it is wrong that you took others things?

Since you only read the first page of comments, you have no idea what you're talking about. Read the whole thread and then pass judgement. :D

I never imagined that I could do my shopping for friends this way but it makes sense. ha ha just kidding. we had this happen at breakfast one morning someone had left his sunglasses on the table and we didn't realize that someone had tagged the table for themselves and we settled in to eat our food. He wasn't happy that he had to find another table for his group that hadn't showed up yet.pscrapper:D

We have to remember to read this board and take everything straight to the heart. No lighthearted fun here!!!!! :rolleyes: LOL

I personally think that this thread is great. Hilarious!

I still think that it's not just about blondes....what's wrong with brunettes?????

I just wanted you guys to know that i have REALLY enjoyed the thread.....how funny.....imsure most of us wouldnt steal others things,,BUT...I am now much more apt to move it...take it to lost and founds..to claim a saved chair...thanks for the courage...and for the the complainers...COME ON..lets just all have a good time and laugh on this thread!

I only read the first page of comments to you but how come I am the only one that thinks it is wrong that you took others things? I also think it is not right that people save chairs/mark their spots, etc, and then leave them that way for hours, HOWEVER....to take their things/Carnival towels??? I was on a cruise in Mar 06 and it was hard to find chairs but I would have never taken anyones things, never could I have done something like that. I hope you were joking about taking the 6-8 towels, sun lotion and glasses.

Lighten up, its a joke thread.

As someone said earlier, It's a joke thread( I should know, I started it).What is educational is to see all the people so ready to complain and moan.These are exactly the people who go on vacation to find something to complain about.Probably ask to get their tips removed also.

BTW

If anyone was wondering if I used their towels, I did not.I simply walked to my cabin, dumped them on the floor and got nice clean ones.Oh yeah, I used my own towels to save my chair while I did this(hate to lose my prime location)

As someone said earlier, It's a joke thread( I should know, I started it).What is educational is to see all the people so ready to complain and moan.These are exactly the people who go on vacation to find something to complain about.Probably ask to get their tips removed also.

BTW

If anyone was wondering if I used their towels, I did not.I simply walked to my cabin, dumped them on the floor and got nice clean ones.Oh yeah, I used my own towels to save my chair while I did this(hate to lose my prime location)

Well, it obviously is not a joke since you admit to stealing the towels.

Well, it obviously is not a joke since you admit to stealing the towels.

Not correct. The OP said she took them to the cabin, where they were replaced with new ones. Since Carnival OWNS the towels, she most certainly did not steal them. :D

Archived