Glory or Enchantment for 2 year old

earpiemom

Help!!We are planning a cruise in August and have booked on Carnival Glory. But, now I have doubts as I have found out that our 23 month old probably won't be allowed in the activities since he is not 2 yet. We had previously looked at Enchantment of the Seas because of the splash area. Does anyone have any opinions? Thanks

Help!!We are planning a cruise in August and have booked on Carnival Glory. But, now I have doubts as I have found out that our 23 month old probably won't be allowed in the activities since he is not 2 yet. We had previously looked at Enchantment of the Seas because of the splash area. Does anyone have any opinions? Thanks

I haven't sailed either or those ships, but you should definitely be prepared to not be able to take your 23-month-old to the kids club. I doubt they will let him in. And on the Enchantment, the age is 3-yrs. If I were you I would wait a month to cruise until after his 2nd birthday. Being able to get a few hours to yourself during the cruise will really make it worth the wait. Honestly, one of the reasons that I booked my cruise for this week is that my son just turned 3 and he will get to go to the kids club on the Grandeur of the Seas :D Yippee!!!

Shellie

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I also have a 14 year old son who will also be going. With school starting back I won't be able to wait until he turns 2. He doesn't turn 2 until Sept 7 and school starts back Aug 25. We went last year on the Mariner and had a great time but he was not walking then. I am sure there will be a big difference in him being mobile.

Wow...that's tough. So close, but so far. Carnival is great with an "official" two year old. Haven't experienced it with the younger set.

I thought I read at some point, when doing my initial research between the different lines, that RCCL has a (relatively) new program which operates like a mommy and me class for the little ones....can't remember what it's called. While it doesn't give you any "down" time, it should help with giving your little one an outlet for all that energy!

Carnival also opens up the playroom to little ones when the official camp is closed, but I think the hours are pretty limited.

Whatever you decide, hope you and the kids have a great time!

Archived