Millennium

charm06

That is an intersting response to the question because in the thread about the Penthouse Suite on the Connie they are pictures posted from the Milli showing every par tof the suite and when a picture came up of the stairs on the balcony the description says "Stairs to Dining Room".

Paul

When the ship is at port,, as soon as it docks,, beware. The deck crew appears on the PS balcony and starts the cleaning of the windows and deck.

My wife happened to be getting ready and in the Jacuzzi in the master bath and was very surprised to see 4 or 5 men suddenly appear right outside the clear window. I had to come in and push the widow buttons on the wall to close the shades to mitigate this event.

A few days at sea some of the crew hung around the stairway and were looking out over the balcony. It was a bit strange but after 14 days we got used to it. Point is... at night,, keep your curtains closed because you never know who may be on the stairs lurking into your room. I am sure they take smoke breaks on the stairway. I never ventured down the stairs but I think I will in Nov 06 to see just where these guys come from.

To answer your qu... No, you cant get into the dining room from these stairs. They go down about 4 flights and the dining room is one flight below. It would be neat tho to have a special entrance to dinner but it wont work.

Don

I am sorry to say but this upsets me because you are paying a lot of money to get this suite and you have staff coming and going on your balcony and using it for smoke breaks! :eek::eek:

Also the window washing cant they have someone knock or call you to say staff will be coming to clean your windows so you would not be caught off guard. I do not pay for a PH and then have to share it with the help!:eek:

I apologize for saying these things but it true in my mind that you shoudl have the suite to yourself and if maintence has to be perform that is fine but please communicate witht the pass.

Paul

The first time it happened I did complain to the Butler and he told the Asst Housekeeper. The guys outside were just such nice folks and I chatted with them several times.

Although they assured me they would call me before anyone came on my deck,,, the next few times,,,, they came on to the deck,, and I was called 4 mins later.

I just didnt have it in me to get these poor guys in trouble.

This next cruise I will tell the Hotel Dir, probably Renato Chizzola, on the first day that if they are coming on the deck to clean and wash windows in the early morning I really want a call minutes before they start.

If they come up to smoke and they probably shouldnt be there but they are so friendly and gracious,, I just cant and wont report them. They are not voyers and just want some fresh air. The laborers cant go on the main decks so when they want to smoke they use the PS stairway but dont come all the way up. Its kind of dumb I agree but ship happens. If I for a second thought they were doing this for their purient interests I would be very aggressive in stopping the practice but its just for a smoke.

All in all, its no big deal. In the CS we had in Nov 05 I was in the buff walking around the suite when a gizmo came by the big bay window with 2 men on it washing windows. I just waved and of course they were probably embarassed. I am sure the cleaners see a lot of "things" everyday when washing windows.

Dont let this minor thing ruin your cruise. Just beware that you may have company on your deck...

Don

Archived