Connecting Cabins

jerseygirl3

I currently have cabin 4128 on the Westerdam on hold. I know it's one of the "indented" cabins, so our view forward may be obstructed. That really isn't a concern. What is a concern is the fact that it is a connecting cabin, which we don't need. Where is the door to the connecting cabin located? Do we not have a sofa because the door is located in that spot? Is there any reason not to take this cabin (I know about the handicapped cabin a couple of doors down that would be able to see into our balcony, but that isn't a concern either.

jerseygirl3- We had cabin 4128 on the Noordam and thought it was very nice. The connecting door is immediately next to the closets and does not cause any changes to the cabin as that is the area at the foot of the bed which is just a long wall until it gets to the vanity which is across from the sofa.

And.... The view is not blocked by the tenders ahead unless you are trying to look almost straight forward at the railing. The extra large verandah is very nice. The cabin is not very roomy, but very adequate.

We had cabin 4045 on Noordam, which also has a connecting door. The doors cannot be opened unless the occupants of both cabins want to open them. Also, noise was not a problem with our neighbors - never heard a peep from them. We did have a sofa - it's next to the door to the verandah.

Enjoy your Westerdam cruise :)

I don't know about your particular cabin; we had 5120 on Oosterdam and had no problem with noise. I read somewhere that rooms with connecting doors have smaller closets. We had enough space for our things, but none to spare.

I had a connecting interior cabin on the Noordam. Very small, but livable. The connecting door allowed me to hear everything from the next cabin, both the TV and the conversations. Muted, but quite audible.

Archived