Mariner Cabin Choices?

amyo28

Ok, people who have been on the Mariner before I am hoepfully going on 8/27 western caribbean-- what about these cabins:

D1

D2

D3

E1

Does anyone know which would be the best ones, or ones to avoid? Thanks!

Welcome back Amy! Looks like you took my advice and are booking the 8/27.

To prevent alot of same subject threads, if you click on your own name in a post and select find all post by "amyo28", you can bring back your original thread to the top by posting again on that thread.

Here is a shortcut to that thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=336245

We had 6356 and 6358... you can see from the deck plan where these are in relation to the ones you are looking at. We loved being on the starboard side for the Western route... we were always able to watch the ship dock or watch the tenders pulling up, etc.

Amy,

I'm gonna have to say get the 8618 hump cabin! Best view.

And hey - Welcome to the cruise! I'll be in OS 1320 08/27/2006!

Once you book, click on the link in my name to join our meet & mingle! Woohoo - we gonna be havin fun mon!

hey guys, thanks for all the info, I will definitely get the hump cabin if it still available when I book. I'm waiting to get the final clearance from my boss I hope she lets me know today!

Yes this will be my first cruise, I'm excited, I can't wait! My bf and I are going with another couple but we are not going to stay in the same cabin, we definitely value our privacy.

Question: how much is travel insurance in case of a hurricane? If I call RCI to make my reservation will they offer me insurance? Thanks!

hey guys, thanks for all the info, I will definitely get the hump cabin if it still available when I book. I'm waiting to get the final clearance from my boss I hope she lets me know today!

Yes this will be my first cruise, I'm excited, I can't wait! My bf and I are going with another couple but we are not going to stay in the same cabin, we definitely value our privacy.

Question: how much is travel insurance in case of a hurricane? If I call RCI to make my reservation will they offer me insurance? Thanks!

Amy,

Cruise (or travel) insurance is available from Royal Caribbean *if* you book through them, they should offer it to you. You can also purchase cruise insurance from any other reputable company. You will find many recommendations on this forum.

Here are a couple of threads I found using the search function:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=316748&highlight=travel+insurance

and:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=307706&highlight=travel+insurance

thanks for the info fury. Another question -- I did a google search on center hump cabins and someone said the smoke from other balconies tends to congregate there -- anyone have experience with this? thansk for all the great info everyone!

Archived