Do any of the 'one day best sale ever' weekly sales ever apply to category 11 suites?

Stew Pickles

Do any of the 'one day best sale ever' weekly sales ever apply to category 11 suites? If they don't, I would just as soon stop reading all of the fine print and forget the sales. If anyone HAS gotten a deal on a suite from one of these sales, please let me know!

Stewie

Do any of the 'one day best sale ever' weekly sales ever apply to category 11 suites? If they don't, I would just as soon stop reading all of the fine print and forget the sales. If anyone HAS gotten a deal on a suite from one of these sales, please let me know!

Stewie

Generally not... Maybe because most cruises these days are "upgrade" deck to deck type sales... and there just aren't that many options for suites. And since there aren't many suites, I don't think they have trouble booking them....

Stewie

We got a great deal on a suite (Cat 11) when we book last summer (05) for our cruise on the Spirit for Jan 06. We went into our TA, she called Carnival to see about pricing. We wanted a balcony cabin. While on the phone, Carnival asked if anyone in each cabin (2 cabins) was at least 55. There was in each cabin .... so Carnival gave each couple their mini suite for the price of a balcony room. Total cost with port charges, taxes for two people in a Cat 11 mini was less than $2500 on an 8 day cruise.

We haven't seen any prices like it since. I really feel the deals on the mini suites and penthouse suites are few and far between.

So far I have never seen a deal for the suites. No breaks there. Bummer. I guess if you want it you have to pay for it.

Actually, It is already paid for. I wouldn't turn down a discount or onboard credit, though, if it were offered to me!:D

Stewie

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, discounts for cat. 11 are rare, but not completely out of the question.:D It may be worth lurking around the carnival site to find sales and making a call or 2, or 3...

Archived