Is Rum Point Always crowded?

Kaki

I have been reading that Rum Point has become very popular, I was wondering if it is always crowded or, does it depend on the number of ships in port on that day? I think that there are sometimes two ships and sometimes 3 ships in port at one time. We went there last summer with Nativeway and had a great time! We liked it because it was not crowded and very relaxing.

The day we were there, it was packed (there were four ships in port). But, it was worth the drive, and we did have a great lunch there.

We spent a week in GC this past January, and there were 9 ships in port on two different days, and most other days had anywhere from four to eight ships. One day there was just one, and one day there were none. Nine ships is nuts. People were everywhere.

I have been reading that Rum Point has become very popular, I was wondering if it is always crowded or, does it depend on the number of ships in port on that day? I think that there are sometimes two ships and sometimes 3 ships in port at one time. We went there last summer with Nativeway and had a great time! We liked it because it was not crowded and very relaxing.

As Rum Point is on the other side of the island, it is usually not as crowded as the hotel beaches on the western side. I prefer Kaibo Kay, as it is a bit more upscale and less crowded. It is very close to Rum Point.

For the Seven Mile Beach side, try Sea Grape Beach. It's the only beach left without hotels and condos on it.

Thank you for the replies! After reading the posts saying it was very crowded, I looked at the number of ships in port that day and found that there were at least 5 ships. We will be in port in July and there are only 2 ships there that day. I am hoping it will not be crowded, we really enjoyed it last year.

Thank you for the replies! After reading the posts saying it was very crowded, I looked at the number of ships in port that day and found that there were at least 5 ships. We will be in port in July and there are only 2 ships there that day. I am hoping it will not be crowded, we really enjoyed it last year.

Lucky you! With only two ships, things should be much calmer. The first time we visited GC, we were on a ship, and there was only one other ship in port. It was really nice. Even if Rum Point is crowded...it's still beautiful. But I think with only a couple of ships being in port that day...you'll have a much better chance of RP being not crowded.

Have a great time! :)

As Rum Point is on the other side of the island, it is usually not as crowded as the hotel beaches on the western side. I prefer Kaibo Kay, as it is a bit more upscale and less crowded. It is very close to Rum Point.

For the Seven Mile Beach side, try Sea Grape Beach. It's the only beach left without hotels and condos on it.

We missed Kaibo Kay. I'll have to add that to my list for our next trip. We someone managed to not be able to even find Smith's Cove. We looked several times, but had no luck. I think we enjoyed just driving around the East End more than anything....

Archived